Java and Big Data Developer, ENO
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Capital calculation Technology team defines and delivers strategic solutions in a joined-up, pragmatic and incremental approach, in order to meet key regulatory commitments for PRA, FINMA, IHC, BOI & BOE. We support the Basel Measurement and Reporting team in Group Finance.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- A key position as Big-Data Software Developer on a strategic IT program.
- Coordinate with various application delivery teams across the globe to provide scalable and reusable solutions to business problems.
- Interfacing business partners for gathering requirements and providing solution walkthroughs.
- Evaluating new UI technologies and analytical tools and developing POCs and product-ionizing them.
- Utilize standards, architectures, and processes to ensure that all code and development practices conform to company guidelines and industry standard methodologies
- Participate in all parts of the project lifecycle, following standard processes for development, testing and deployment.
- Ensure quality of the work you're doing by using standard methodologies such as TDD/BDD, automation testing, CI/CD.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Opportunity to learn several business domain - Market Risk, Credit Risk, Ops Risk, etc. as well as Agile development methodologies.
- Opportunity to work on regulatory projects e.g. BCBS, FDSF, FRTB.
- Designing and building new features for a Big-Data platform using state of the art Hadoop technologies interact with a team of senior IT and Business professionals and influence the transformation of the bank's IT application landscape.
- Work as full stack developer in an agile development team and take end-to-end responsibility for design, implementation and testing of assigned capabilities
- Elaborate the solution design (interface definitions, data modelling, implementation patterns, and information security) in collaboration with Lead Engineer and Solution Architect.
- Provide third level support and application maintenance by engaging in root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- A university degree or equivalent education in IT or another technical specialization.
- At least 8 years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining sophisticated enterprise-scale Java applications.
- Experience with Big-Data concepts and Hadoop technology stack (Spark, MapReduce, Impala, Hive, HDFS and Cloudera).
- Outstanding Java programming skills and hands-on experience with messaging, web services, REST interfaces and Spring Boot framework
- Proficiency of DevOps, CI/CD and other industry standard methodologies. Experience of the same will be desirable (like TeamCity, Nolio, Ansible).
- Investment banking domain knowledge and experience a huge plus.
- Proficiency of working with various development methodologies like Agile (Scrum, Utmost programming), Iterative. Experience of Agile will be a huge plus.
- Experience in Architectural design, Micro services and Any Cloud technology
- Knowledge of code reviews and standard methodologies either manually or using tools (Lint, Sonarqube etc.).
- Result oriented, dedicated, who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about coding and debugging - participates in hackathons, coding competitions.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.