PKI-Project Management (Service Owner),VP,
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Enterprise & Security Services (ESS) brings services that are currently spread across the organization together to provide security services across all functions. This function partners closely with IT Risk to support the Bank in protecting, detecting and thwarting any security threats, handling compliance regulation and preventing data breaches.
Data Protection and Application Security (DPAS) organization within ESS is responsible for the design and delivery of the key technical capabilities, products and services related to information security. This includes Public Key Infrastructure, Data Leakage Prevention, Information Rights Management, Application Security, Authentication and Federation.
We operate in four locations currently: UK, Switzerland, Poland and India providing products and services globally to Credit Suisse, and we significantly increase our presence in Pune, India in order to provide both commodities and newly developed services to our internal customers globally.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values
The Digital Signing Service (DSS) Owner role will have an opportunity to help shape the security future of Credit Suisse as part of this transformation by assisting with the selection, design and delivery of new solutions and products.
As the DSS Service Owner, you will have following responsibilities:
- Challenging role within GCIO Enterprise & Security Services (ESS) as Service Owner for Digital Signing Service (DSS) within the Data Protection and Application Security (DPAS) team.
- To define and communicate the service vision and strategic positioning in alignment with other DSS, PKI, DPAS and ESS capabilities, Credit Suisse business / IT strategy and according to the regulatory and industry standards.
- To engage with business partners regularly to re-assess and re-prioritize requirements along the product/component lifecycle.
- Designing end-to-end service which introduce new product into operation (that includes integration with other products/process/services, preparing workflows, automations, defining requirements for implementation and operation teams).
- To interact with delivery projects aligned with service/product/component roadmaps, and initiate and lead rollout projects for specific areas and cases.
- Responsible for defining Change-the-Bank (CtB) and handling Run-the-Bank (RtB) budgets.
- Acts as a critical issue manager and monitors risk associated with regions/units; ensures that all audit/control points are effectively handled and addressed.
- To be responsible for customer and support vendor relationship management, e.g. to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Handles applications and components as products and champions the delivery of world-class features to the business.
- Supervises performance and ensures efficiency of the service.
- Supports the Solution Architecture in handling products/components lifecycle (from conception, adoption to end of life status).
- Defines and maintains product/component specific roadmap (short / long term).
- To build a strong collaboration with Enterprise and Security Architecture to ensure a proper implementation of services in a holistic view of the reference architecture.
- Represents the thought leadership of Credit Suisse at appropriate conferences and industry bodies.
- Open to flexible/agile working.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, or related subject; alternatively an equivalent education in one of these topics.
- ITSM and Security certifications is an advantage: ITIL, CISSP, CISM, or similar.
- Proven track record of overall 10+ years' of experience in various IT Security fields and 2 years+ in an equivalent role.
- At least 3+ years of professional experience as a Product Manager, Service Manager, or Platform Manager.
- Outstanding leadership experience, both in team development and management area as well in leading the project, process, product, etc.
- Clear understanding of DSS, Qualified Electronic Services (QES), PKI, including Architectures and Processes, is required (other areas is information security specially and Data Protection and Application Security domains is a plus) both on-premises and in cloud is important, a depth and breadth of supporting technical knowledge or specialisms is advantageous.
- Proficient in knowledge of Security and IT guidelines, delivery processes, standards, costs and operating models.
- Experience in designing and delivering DSS, QES and PKI services according to ITIL.
- Experience in working in international environments or working abroad, preferably in financial industry.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to communicate with various levels of business and IT business partners in the organization.
- Experience in building/running DSS, QES, PKI services and migrating to the new strategic solutions (plus).
- A positive can do attitude!
Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative whilst working collaboratively and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.