- Manage governance of the BBVA Indonesia Representative Office
- Ensure compliance by the BBVA Representative Office to regulatory and internal BBVA requirements in respect of AML, KYC, bribery and corruption, credit and other risks
- Work in partnership with the GCC team in the BBVA SEA hub in Singapore and other geographies, product teams, and other divisions of BBVA to develop new relationships in Indonesia
- To grow the Bank’s business within Indonesia and to support Indonesia in opening up to markets where BBVA has a strong presence in Asia, the Americas, Europe or Turkey.
- Close interaction at senior level with the Finance Departments of both State Owned Companies and large local conglomerates identified as potential clients.
- Maintain close relationships with existing clients of BBVA with presence or ongoing projects in Indonesia.
- Close follow up of relationships with Government Agencies like Bank of Indonesia, MOF, Indonesia Eximbank and other related institutions, coordinating with GCC teams in Asia and in Madrid.
- Maintain permanent contact with Embassies and Commercial offices of the countries of BBVA’s footprint
- Maintain close relationships with BBVA FI teams covering leading local financial institutions and foreign banks with presence in Indonesia.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Chief Representative will be licensed to market the bank and its different products but shall not perform operational activities nor prepare any proposals.
Qualification & Experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in Corporate Banking, Investment Banking and Branch Management in South East Asia region, especially in a multinational bank, is an advantage.
- Diploma or Degree holder in Commerce, Economics, Applied Finance
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Knowledge & Skills
- PC literacy (Microsoft Office including word, excel and powerpoint)
Other Skills (e.g. Interpersonal, Communication etc)
- Role model in terms of integrity, exceptional risk management capabilities, awareness of anti-bribery and corruption rules
- Strong knowledge of the Indonesia Financial MarketAbility to identify opportunities to deliver to clients the world leading ESG financing capabilities of BBVA
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to prepare and implement a business plan
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a matrix reporting structure, multi-functional and cross-cultural environment