Country Collection Head
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Policy and Process
- Maintain an organization structure that is aligned with the Group Collections Standards
- Oversee career development plans of key resources; viz. direct reports and 2 downs, to assure robust succession planning and adequate bench-strength for key positions
- Build a professional team of collection managers by implementing 3M methodology (measuring, monitoring & motivating activities)
- Manage capacity planning, in accordance with Group Collection Standards, to ensure that adequate collection resources are in place to execute collection strategies, and deliver business objectives
- Encourage and promote an active training and learning Collections environment to facilitate excellence in collections management
- Responsible for Collections Department & contracted third party agency compliance to the Group Code of Conduct, Collectors Code of Conduct & Third-Party Agent Code of Conduct
- Responsible for appropriate empowerment of authorities to managers in Collection, to facilitate the expeditious and effective execution of daily duties.
- Approve collection and recovery strategies to meet roll-rate goals, reduce charge-offs and maximize net recoveries using cost-effective collection and recovery techniques
- Lead, champion and communicate Group Collection activities and initiatives
- Ensure all collections policies and procedures comply with Group Policies and Standards. Assure proper and updated documentation of all in-country policies and procedures are maintained at all times
- Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues/gaps arising from Internal Audits, Business Risk Reviews, peer reviews, third party agency audits and regulatory reviews
- Ensure the use of timely MIS to track, predict and monitor productivity and efficiency, and capacity indicators in accordance with direction provided by Group Collections
- Review and ensure adequate and accurate collections performance & cost MIS and KPIs are in place and prepared in a timely manner, to facilitate performance management of the Collections Department
- Ensure the existence and administration of collection incentive programs that measure, and reward based on efficiency, effectiveness and baseline quality standards
- Ensure the use of collection management scorecards directly linked to all key business objectives
- Coordinate technology and infrastructure development to support collection needs
- Responsible for preparing & presenting the annual budget of the Collections Department to the CCH, and Group Collections
- Accountable for all costs/expenses of the Collections Department, ensure accuracy of balances and adequacy of accruals in the collections cost centres
- Communicate, on a regular basis, to counterparts in Credit Risk functions, & business streams, on market intelligence &/or significant shifts in customer/segment behavioural patterns, to facilitate timely revisions to policies, procedures, and business strategies, as appropriate
- Account for compliance with operational risk, against money laundering guidelines, reputational risk, Treating Customer Fairly policy, and local regulations on collection activities including but not limited to customer data privacy, physical contact and use of third-party agency guidelines
- Approve accreditation of external parties providing related services encompassing agency collections, field collections, litigation, and asset valuation & disposition
- Review and ensure the department's BCP is progressively updated and comply with Group Standards.
- Manage costs within budget and forecasts; understand costs drivers, trends & seasonality, and monthly budget/actual/forecast variances. Accountable for accuracy of cost submissions to Credit Risk Finance, and Group Retail Banking Risk
- Champion continuous process improvements, up-skill collection techniques, upgrade collection tools, optimize collections systems and conduct periodic suppliers' reviews to maximize cost efficiencies.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Country Credit Head
- Human Resource
- Country Risk Officer
- Global Collection and Recovery Head
- Retail Risk MIF
- Credit Policy Head
- Retail Banking Products
- Retail Banking Finance
- Retail Lending Operation
- Retail Banking Legal
- Retail Banking Compliance
- Country Information Technology & Operation
- Country Operational Risk
- Local IT Department
- Customer Experience
- Collection and Recovery Strategy -Advance
- Recovery Agency Management - Advance
- MIS & Reporting - Advance
- Product Knowledge - Advance
- Retail Risk - Advance
- Collection-Local Regulatory - Core
- Communication and Negotiation Skills - Advance
- People and Team Management Skills - Advance
- Change Management Skills - Advance
- Collaboration and team work skill, with dealing skill with all levels in complex and difficult situation - Advance
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .