Capital 4 Development Partners (C4D Partners) is an Impact Investment Fund Manager based in the Netherlands with investment offices in Indonesia and India.
C4D Partners recently launched the C4D Asia Fund to invest in the Indonesia, the Philippines and India. The Fund is a 30 million USD Impact Fund through which we aim to deliver both social and financial returns to investors. In the next three to four years we are targeting to grow our portfolio in Indonesia to about twenty companies, deploying around 10M USD.
In Indonesia, and the Fund strategy is to invest in growing SMEs through mezzanine financing and venture debt. Transactions for the Fund range between USD 200k – USD 1m per portfolio company.
Our mission is to create positive social-economic impact by investing in SMEs that either:
- Creating decent and sustainable jobs
- Improving the market position of small marginalized suppliers, farmers and entrepreneurs
- Offering affordable and quality products and services to underserved and vulnerable populations
- Boosting the development of efficient and sustainable supply chains
We believe in the aggregate economic and social benefits of unleashing women’s economic empowerment –be it as entrepreneurs, employees, suppliers, customers, or otherwise. We are therefore committed to invest at least 30% of our Fund’s assets in women-led and women-owned SMEs. We aim to multiply our impact on gender issues by encouraging our investment partners and portfolio companies to move towards gender equity in their corporate activities and across their supply chains.
We are looking for an Investment Manager to be one of the key members of our Indonesia team based in Jakarta. The Investment Manager is responsible for the complete investment cycle ranging from deal sourcing, analysis/diligence, transaction closing (primarily mezzanine and venture debt), and post-investment portfolio management and support to investee companies up to realizing exits. The role is highly entrepreneurial and analytical, spanning emerging market investing, consulting/management to support portfolio companies and with a focus to achieve success both on financial returns as well as on social and environmental impact.
The Investment Manager will be an integral part of our global team and will have exposure to all aspects of our business. The team in Indonesia currently consists of a Partner (Jakarta) and a Portfolio Support Program Manager (Bali). We are as well recruiting for an Investment Analyst to complement the team in Q1 2020.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who is socially driven team player with strong financial analysis skills. Specific responsibilities include:
- The candidate is responsible to lead deals by her / himself.
- Contribute to develop the networks of C4D in Indonesia for deal sourcing and portfolio support.
- Industry and market research for potential impact investees which have the potential to generate financial as well as social- and environmental returns;
- Screening, shortlisting and engaging with companies to create a viable investment pipeline;
- Engage with promising companies in (pre-) Due Diligence phase and create detailed financial models, produce Investment Memo’s for decision making in the Pre-Investment Committee and Investment Committee;
- Participate in investment negotiations and structuring of transactions;
- Screening, due diligence and appraisal of potential investment opportunities;
- Complete due diligence and investment documentation;
- Maintaining strong relations with investees and portfolio management;
- Support portfolio companies in all aspects, monitoring the social and financial performance of existing investments, and reviewing management information and compliance with covenants;
- Identify and provide non-financial support needs of investee companies;
- University, MBA or equivalent qualification;
- 5 - 8 years of experience in finance and investments;
- Strong background in mezzanine and / or venture debt finance and demonstrated experience in structuring debt/mezzanine instruments;
- Previous exposure to social/impact investing is desirable;
Essential Skill Set
- Strong in financial analysis;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and sound judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
- High proficiency and writing skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Solid foundation in accounting and (Excel) financial model development;
- Demonstrated teamwork skills;
- Strong client service orientation with openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to relate sensitively to a wide and diverse range of individuals and organizations;
- Passion for impact investing and working with entrepreneurs and management teams;
- Willingness to travel regularly;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-culture business environment;
For interested parties, please kindly click on APPLY to send us your updated CV with current and expected salary