12-month Internship Programme 2020 - Dublin
Who we are looking for
Our 12-month Internship program is a program that places high potential undergraduate students, like you, into our most impactful roles preparing you for future success
The program offers you:
Program dates: 17th August 2020 - 27th August 2021
- A structured learning and development program comprised of a 1 day orientation event, specific job related training, professional development and soft skills training.
- A buddy who can offer you their experience, knowledge and guidance throughout your Internship.
- Intern Corporate Citizenship events.
- Lunch and Learn session with State Street's Leadership teams.
- Grow your professional network by joining an Employee Resource Group. Committees include the Professional Women's Network, the Pride & Ally Network and the Professional Inclusion committee
You must be available for the full duration of the program What you will be responsible for
You will join one of the following departments:
What we value
- Corporate Actions: The Corporate Actions team is responsible for processing, settling and reconciling Corporate Actions on the Fund Accounting platform for funds across multiple locations.
- Custody: The Custody team open accounts, markets and currencies for all off-shore funds administered in Ireland and the Channel Islands.
- Investor Services: The Investor Services function is responsible for the settlement of all subscription and redemption trades that are placed by investors.
- International Financial Data Services (IFDS) provides outsourcing and technology solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies.
- Project Assistant: The objective of the Client Change Function is to leverage "best practice" project management tools and practices in order to minimize project and operational risk and deliver projects on time
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Exceptional drive for success and motivation
What happens next?
- Enrolled in full time education at master's level or undergraduates in the penultimate year of degree in one of the following areas: Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related.
- Strong IT Skills
Our recruitment team in India will review your application. Applicants selected to move forward in the process will have a phone screen with the recruitment team. Applicants successful after the phone screen will be invited for a final round interview at our offices About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers