6 months-Fixed term Contract - Sales & Service Client Services-Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Client Management is a dedicated Client Service function within State Street Global Services, non-affiliated to the main Operational areas of the organisation
Essential to daily connection to Operations functions. Expected behaviour of Client Managers - should act like COO with State Street of Client's business; advocacy of client requirements
Profitability of Relationship (identification of efficiencies, revenue opportunities, etc.) Delivery of Service Level commitments at commercially-appropriate levels
Client Satisfaction (understanding of client needs, anticipation/management of client issues, awareness of all products/services delivered across State Street). Understands internal view of performance versus client sentiment, and takes action where not consistent . Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Sales & Service Client Services, Assistant Vice President- you will Individual Accountabilities:
Education & Preferred Qualifications Skills required :
- Acts as dedicated relationship manager to client; develop and build up a strong relationship with allocated clients, including senior/executive level.
- Manages fee negotiations
- Manages relationship governance - review meetings, executive contacts, etc.
- Interacts with Client on Market & Regulatory Terms, Changes and Developments
- Effects cross-selling of service solutions to Clients
- Assumes responsibility for overall service delivery to Client versus contracts, SLAs, KPIs
- Assumes responsibility for P&L position of Client - financial metrics and resource allocation - and that costs are accurately reflected.
- Oversees billing for all services contracted, and manage debt position of Client
- Presents deals/new initiatives to Deal Team
- Acts as escalation for Operations issues and escalations, oversee resolution.
- Collaborates closely with Operations and drives accountability for delivering improvements to client
- Facilitates entry into broader State Street, for Client to access product or operational specialists
- Responsible for ongoing review of operating model effectiveness for services provided, and driving required changes
- Acts as primary liaison for client with all service functions within SSGS Ireland and wider State Street Corporation.
- Conducts and manages Client/ investor onsite meetings, completing associated questionnaires and ensuring operational participation as required.
- Engages Clients to ensure participation in industry surveys where State Street is ranked alongside competitors. Where client feedback is negative, explore with client and follow up internally to ensure improvement in service delivery.
- Facilitate the review of service contracts with allocated clients on an ad hoc basis, including administration, custody agreements, side letters etc, ensuring any historic accommodations made for client have been incorporated and feedback is provided to clients.
- Updates Salesforce 360 to ensure revenue opportunities and client interactions are captured
- Coordinates and plans Client social events, ensuring adherence to policies
- Provides the client with solutions for new requirements; drive the delivery of such solutions
- Ensures senior management is updated regularly on all aspects of assigned clients, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Represents State Street at external events, Fund Board Meetings, etc.
- Drives client communications.
- Proactively manages client perception/ requirements/ needs and seek to continuously improve service
- Engages client to communicate good news, as well as challenges, to foster a more well-rounded relationship
- Acts as the 'internal client' (e.g., vet responses from delivery before they go out)
- Spends time onsite with client to understand ops and bring "the best of STT"
About State Street What we do.
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to convey the right tone, calibre and content to a diverse range of counterparts, including executive level, within both the client and SSC
- Strong leadership abilities - in collaborating for results
- Ability to effectively represent the client's requirements to internal stakeholders, as well as to represent SSC to the client
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work on multiple tasks and projects, maintaining professional agility
- Detailed perspective of how SSC services its clients, and the functions and services involved.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers