This role will suit an enthusiastic professional with at least 6 months - 2 years relevant experience within the mutual funds or insurance investment industry interested in developing their career within this industry. The successful candidate will preferably be at the early stages of a professional accounting qualification. Duties
• Treasury postings for insurance company
• Assisting with the posting of expenses, premiums, claims
• SAP postings - Fixed Deposits/T Bills/Monthly fees/Switch Fees
• Calculation of Fund based fees
• Update of daily files from administrator
• Dealing with auditor requests
• Various Ad Hoc tasks Skills & Competencies
• Should be comfortable working on MS Excel (incl. pivot tables, lookup formulae, data filters).
• Quick Learner and Assertive individual who can act in following instructions and act independently when appropriate.
• Organised individual who can self-manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise, with the ability to work under pressure. The ideal candidate is focused on resolving issues quickly.
• Display Knowledge & Authority in dealings with all parties and maintaining priority of achieving goals.
• Display Attention to Detail in all aspects of work. Qualifications & Experience
An Accounting and Finance degree or related is essential.
Preferably at the early stages of a professional accounting qualification.
Some experience in a busy accounting environment in financial services would be an advantage as well as SAP knowledge.