Aircraft Leasing Technical Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Aircraft Leasing Technical Manager
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Banc of America Leasing Ireland (BALI)
BALI, a subsidiary of Bank of America is seeking a Technical Manager for its international aircraft leasing business. BALI's existing aircraft portfolio of assets includes commercial aircraft operated by top tier carriers. The portfolio is growing in size and complexity and an additional resource is required to support this growth and to adequately manage the company's assets.
Reporting to BALI Head of Technical, the successful candidate will be a key team member in executing on BALI's growth plan, delivering operating leases and secured debt in the aircraft sector.
This role will require a significant amount of travel, roughly 30%, sometimes at short notice dependant on work flow and transactional requirement.
As an Aircraft Leasing Technical Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide onsite technical oversight of aircraft transfers, maintenance events, aircraft return and aircraft dispositions
- Assist with the acquisition of aircraft through inspections and aircraft specification reviews
- Engine workshop visit forecasting and engine shop visit management including cost control
- Attend inspections, where required, for airframe and engines or major components
- Contribute to technical content of lease agreement negotiations
- AD and SB (or equivalent) monitoring and reporting
- Aircraft maintenance check event forecasting & planning
- Registration and deregistration oversight and management
- Specification and modular analysis for additions to the BALI portfolio
- Provide specific work scope direction, coordination and oversight of outside contractors for technical services and appraisals
- Budgeting and reporting the use of all outside technical contractors
- Maintain the BALI asset management system with the maintenance status of the BALI portfolio
- Production of customized reports of the status of BALI assets and portfolio summaries
- Provide detailed specification documents to support the marketing of BALI assets
As an Aircraft Leasing Technical Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience in aircraft maintenance with relevant experience of aircraft lease transactions
- Undergraduate degree and/or Aircraft Maintenance Licence (s) or appropriate hands on work experience
- Proven experience of aircraft lease transaction project management including lease negotiations
- Experience of dealing with airlines in various geographic locations
- Good knowledge of the composition of aircraft maintenance records and airline standards
- Good knowledge of aircraft engine management
- The successful candidate is expected to have excellent working knowledge of operating lease technical and asset management features to enable them to work on their own initiative
- A working knowledge of the AMT Sybex asset management software system
- Excellent knowledge of international Aviation regulations
- Good network of technical contacts in the aircraft leasing industry
- Experience in client facing roles and managing people and teams
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage concurrent activities and priorities
- Good written, analytical, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively use MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel to create aircraft/engine forecasting models and status reports
- Private healthcare coverage
- Pension plan - 6% of base salary (we match employees contributions up to a maximum of 12%, or 15% after 15 years' service)
- Life assurance
- Vacation 25 days (ability to flex down or up with manager approval)
- Health screen
- Group income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- As a valued member of our team you will also be eligible for a number of optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, dental cover, retail vouchers and reduced costs on selected leisure and entertainment.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.