Analyst - GBO Data Management
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Within the wider Data Management team, the Global Business Operations Data Management Analyst will be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of security data in FILs golden source system and other GBO systems including accounting, pricing and corporate action systems
Data Management are responsible for maintaining and distributing accurate security data across FIL. This includes distributing daily NAVs, monitoring data quality, managing data vendor relationships, on-boarding new data/systems and enforcing robust data governance. Manage and maintain the data linked to GBO's broker, counterparty and custodian relationships. The team are also responsible for supporting the set up and ongoing maintenance of the data within the Charles River trading application.
What you'll do
Within the wider Data Management team, the GBO DM Analyst will be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of security data in FILs golden source system and other GBO systems including accounting, pricing and corporate action systems. You will escalate and resolve incorrect set up of security data slongside our external vendor provider of security reference data. You will liaise with the wider data management team when there are issues with traded securities sent to our accounting system to co-ordinate any system updates. Complete sign off and resolve any discrepancies prior to the valuation points. Ensure daily data quality reports are checked and any errors resolved in a timely manner. As and when needed assist the data project team with testing. Investigate and resolve daily queries from internal consumers and vendors. Liaise with the Fidelity technology team when there are system issues to come to a resolution. Manage resolution of queries received in the data general mailbox. .
What you can expect
- Daily checking and updating of static data on golden source system
- Ensure security data is set up accurately prior to the FIL valuation points in all other systems, e.g. accounting, pricing etc.
- Review daily data quality checks and resolve any discrepancies in any of the systems
- Assist the wider securities data team to ensure the team meets daily/external deadlines with regards to checklists and processes, such as market defaults, exchange holiday data, coupon changes on bonds, etc.
- Adherence and maintenance of departmental procedures
- Implement additional data quality/validation/report checks to reduce risk
- Assist the data management project team to identify automation of processes and/or assist with testing of on-boarding of new security data attributes
- Escalate and liaise with Fidelity technology teams to resolve system issues
- Adherence to procedures and FILs Data Governance policy with regards to being Data Custodians/Owners when resolving data errors in FILs Fund Golden Source system
- Act as a point of contact and subject matter expert on security data related issues
- InvestOne knowledge, Advanced Excel skills and SQL will be distinct advantage
- SSI setting up experience in BBH and Omgeo is preferred but not essential
Who you are
- Strong industry knowledge of different asset classes, including CDS's, IRS's, short term money market instruments, equity and fixed income derivatives and corporate / government debt.
- Experience of Data Management activities in a major Investment Management company
- Proactive team player.
- Departing own knowledge to others.
- Display a risk avoidance / awareness philosophy
- Build and maintain relationship with other departments.
- Displays a high level of accuracy and focus delivery.
- Managing own work schedule on daily/weekly/monthly basis and accommodating late requests from the business when needed.
- A 'can do' approach. Highlights areas where working practices can be improved and looks for solutions
- Quick learner with a "can do" approach and is prepared to go the extra mile as required to meet deadlines.
- Adherence and promoting FILs Data Governance policy