Assistant Company Secretary
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Assistant Company Secretary
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Global Subsidiary Governance
Bank of America Merrill Lynch requires an Assistant Company Secretary to join our Legal team at Vice President level.
Our Bank and Investment Firm is located in Ireland and will service clients in relation to wholesale banking, treasury services and global markets products, such as fixed income and equity sales and trading.
The role involves providing corporate governance and company secretarial services for a number of regulated and unregulated entities as well as our Bank and Investment Firm, and promoting best practice corporate governance in line with Bank of America policies and guidelines, regulation, company law and market practices.
As an Assistant Company Secretary your main responsibilities will involve:
- Act as corporate secretary for a number of regulated and unregulated legal entities
- Ensure entities conduct activities in accordance with applicable company law, local regulatory requirements in respect of corporate governance and also Bank of America governance and subsidiary management policies and procedures relevant for the Company Secretarial team
- Plan and organize general meetings, board meetings and committee meetings including agreeing agendas, drafting resolutions, organizing clear and appropriate papers, minute taking, answering director/officer and business line enquiries and ensuring all board decisions are executed
- Organise and participate in new director on-boarding process for both internal and external director appointees
Oversee the following:
- Maintenance of the statutory registers and internal record keeping system
- Local and overseas filings
- Operation of signing authorities and delegated authorities
- Execution of legal documents including POA's, Certificates of Incumbency, Deeds etc. including notarisation / apostille / legalisation
- External company secretarial provider companies
- Work with business lines to establish new legal entities or close inactive legal entities in line with legislative requirements and internal Bank of America procedure
- Respond to/request information from risk management, finance, auditors, senior management, group company secretaries and regulators
As an Assistant Company Secretary your qualifications and competencies will ideally include:
- Degree and a post degree professional qualification (preferably ICSA) or equivalent experience
- Excellent experience in a corporate secretary role within the financial services sector
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills; good attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with dedication to superior service
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to make connections across the organisation to achieve outcomes and results together
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude. Able to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Private healthcare coverage
- Pension plan - 6% of base salary (we match employees contributions up to a maximum of 12%, or 15% after 15 years' service)
- Life assurance
- Vacation 25 days (ability to flex down or up with manager approval)
- Health screen
- Group income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- As a valued member of our team you will also be eligible for a number of optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, dental cover, retail vouchers and reduced costs on selected leisure and entertainment.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.