Assistant Head of Depositary
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Mason Alexander
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
You will participate as part of the senior management team to oversee the operations and service levels of combined business lines. In this role you will apply your extensive functional expertise, leadership, initiative, creativity and management skills including delegation and the ability to instill enthusiasm and commitment among team members. In addition, the position demonstrates excellent client communication and relationship skills to enable the group to maintain high quality service standards.
Risk Management and Control
- Oversee the monitoring, reporting, definition and documentation of critical internal control processes and issues requiring escalation.
- Monitor operational issues and follow through on effective problem resolution with management of supporting department
- Oversee and ensure compliance to relevant procedures whether internal or agreed external policies
- Review and participate to the formulation of corrective actions for complex issues to resolve identified exceptions.
- Coordinate the requirements which arise with respect to the European Depository Bank Committee, client and third party due diligence and new business opportunities.
- Evaluate regulatory developments, assess potential impacts on the Firm operations and work with relevant department to ensure effective implementation of controls and workflows.
- Ensure the smooth, effective operation of the department including compliance to all regulatory procedures, proper service delivery, proper escalation and resolution of high exposure items, and maintaining proper standards and control
- Communicate clearly with business area contacts as well as other areas of the Bank.
- Address significant internal control / risk management issues, set direction/communicate proposed manner of resolution of internal control /risk management issues and concerns that have a significant impact.
- Develop and maintain peer relationships to share best practices.
- Inform existing clients about regulatory developments and practical / operational considerations.
- Inform prospects on depository oversight requirement in relation to the Firm new business onborading process.
Client service and Relationship Management
- Lead by example in establishing a culture of providing superior service to BBH internal and external clients
- Build strong client and internal relationships. Maintain effective working relationships at relevant levels with other departments.
- Form strategic partnership – Cultivates strategic internal and external partnerships providing resources and expertise to maximize business success
- Collaborate effectively with internal client groups to execute department strategy
- Participate in and/or lead client visits, presentations, walk through
Regulator/ External Auditor
- Coordinate of review specific documentation for regulators and external auditors
- Interacts with senior management / department heads regarding questions from regulators and external auditors
- Assist senior management with ongoing project management
- Instruct peers, plan, schedule, and coordinate project activities.
- Work effectively with colleagues toward a common goal, while maintaining own role and responsibilities within the context of an overall project.
- Participate in product development initiative including research and implementation of client solutions
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive issues
- Proven technical skills in accounting, finance and regulation
- Advanced knowledge in European and local regulatory requirements
- Ability to motivate team to perform
- Communicate openly and sincerely and conduct oneself with the highest respect for the client and all BBH support areas
- Strong communication skills and effective presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to think and work independently
- Effective written and oral communications skills, particularly the ability to handle presentations of project plans, business cases and solutions
- Ability to manage and implement change