Assistant Manager - TMS Equity & Fixed Income
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The Assistant Manager will support TMS Management in delivering changes to the department's operating model and procedures. Would work with the team manager to assess team performance, hold 1:1's and agree personal development plans for the team.
Global Business Solutions (GBS) is the operational backbone of Fidelity International, crucial to the accurate, timely and efficient administration of our funds. Located in several global locations, including Toronto, we provide the middle and back office functions for the company ranging from trade settlement, corporate action processing and NAV generation, through to the production of reports and accounts for our funds. In an industry that is becoming ever more complex it's essential that we are able to be creative and adaptable in the services and solutions we offer. With this in mind, our mission is to add value in every aspect of investment administration by delivering excellent service with a combination of innovative flexible solutions, outstanding knowledge resources and total commitment to our company goals.
We achieve this by:
- Providing a challenging and rewarding environment for our people
- Working with customers on timely, cost effective and creative solutions
- Constantly improving customer service delivery with strategic, scalable solutions in a risk-controlled environment
Within GBS, Trade Management Services (TMS) are responsible for all aspects of Post Trade Operations across the Equity, Fund, Fixed Income, FX / Money Market, and Derivative asset classes. The team also has responsibility for Collateral and oversight of the Stock Lending programme. TMS process in excess of 120,000 trades per month seeking to maximise efficiency, minimise Operational risks whilst constantly evolving the Operational model. The global range of Fidelity's products and services expose the team to the full spectrum of Post Trade Operations across the breadth of the world's markets.
The equity team within TMS are responsible for processing all trades executed by the London trading desk predominantly across the European, US and Latin American markets, whilst also taking over any issues that are unresolved at the close of business in Asia, as part of the follow the Sun model. The team are responsible for all aspects of the Post Trade Operational life cycle: Trade capture; Confirmation; Pre settlement matching; Fails management and the resolution of cash and stock reconciliations.
What you'll do
The Assistant Manager role within TMS is responsible for ensuring all daily tasks are performed in a timely and accurate manner, meeting the requirements of the 12:00 & 17:00 valuation points. The Assistant Manager will help co-ordinate the daily workflow across the team and will help the analysts and senior analysts resolving more complex daily processing issues.
The Assistant Manager will support TMS Management in delivering changes to the department's operating model and procedures in line with the strategic roadmap, continually evaluating processes to identify smarter ways of working and implementing new products and instruments as required in support of global business initiatives.
The Assistant Manager will work closely with the team manager to assess team performance, hold 1:1's and agree personal development plans for the team.
What you can expect
- Taking the lead in daily tasks to ensure:
- All trades are captured in accordance with internal deadlines
- All trades are confirmed on Trade date
- All trades are communicated to the Custodian via SWIFT
- All trades are Pre Matched in accordance with market deadlines
- All Failing trades are captured and investigated
- All cash and stock breaks are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Act as the "ears and eyes" of the team" to resolve issues and prevent errors from occurring.
- Liaise with Brokers, Custodians and Trading desks to resolve day to day processing issues
- Involvement in Projects to support the business and our change initiatives
- Perform system testing for system upgrades, enhancements and new product offerings
Who you are
The successful candidate will currently be working in a Post Trade Operations role and be familiar with the key day to day Operational lifecycle and processes. The successful candidate will be keen to develop their experience and knowledge in a fast paced environment. Ideally they will have either be already performing or have taken the first steps in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of the Operational post trade processes for equities and fixed income.
- Act as the "ears and eyes" of the team to resolve issues and prevent errors from occurring.
- Liaise with Counterparts, Custodians and Trading desks to resolve daily issues and improve processes.
- Understanding of the risks at each stage.
- Familiar with DTCC CTM, Alert.
- Have been involved in Change / Projects
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels.
- Be a self -starter and have the ability to prioritise and manage own time.
- Awareness of Investment Management Operations and the connection to asset servicing and NAV production.
- Ability to manipulate data using Excel.
- Manage risks in our processes and escalate as necessary per FIL risk and control framework
- Developing Industry knowledge and awareness
- Passionate about change and willing to embrace our Continuous Improvement efforts
- Ability to explain processes and issues to Senior Management
- Takes ownership for own workload
- Shows initiative and desire to learn new tasks