Associate, Third Party Risk Management (Dublin)
Description About this role Role:
Associate, Third Party Risk Manager (Dublin) Job Purpose/Background
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a leading provider of investment management, risk management, and advisory services to diverse investors globally. BlackRock offers our clients a range of solutions, from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management strategies to highly-efficient index strategies for broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of products, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds, other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Understanding and managing risk is the cornerstone of BlackRock's approach to responsible investing. Our Risk and Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group promotes BlackRock as a leader in risk management by providing independent top-down and bottom-up oversight to help identify investment, counterparty, operational, regulatory, technology, and third party risks. Within RQA, the goal of Third Party Risk Management is to work with internal and external business and risk partners to identify the risks that existing, and potential, third parties introduce to BlackRock and our clients, and assess controls to mitigate those risks through initial and ongoing due diligence, incident management and performance monitoring. BlackRock's third parties include fund operations providers, technology vendors, index and market data providers, distributors and real asset service providers where BlackRock owns or is responsible for operating a physical asset Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with multiple internal business, sourcing and risk teams, including enterprise services, fund administration, human resources, marketing, professional services, real assets, and technology to identify, monitor, and manage third party risks and challenge business decisions as part of the second line of defense.
- Develop strong relationships with business partners to challenge third party risk management processes, including escalating issues for remediation, as needed.
- Facilitate due diligence processes for high-risk third parties engaging Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), including key Risk Partners such as compliance, data privacy, finance, information security, operations and legal.
- Partner with Enterprise Risk Management to address third party operating events and ensure appropriate remediation.
- Monitor and review third party performance reports and manage the risk profile and escalate performance related issues requiring attention to senior managers and risk committees, as appropriate.
- 3+ years of enterprise risk or third-party risk management related experience, preferably within the financial services industry; including technology risk, compliance, financial controls, and/or operational risk backgrounds.
- Ability to understand relevant regulatory requirements for managing third parties (e.g., OCC, FCA, etc.) and influence the evolution of the risk framework to meet heightened expectations.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate results with impact.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Proven and effective written and verbal communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effect change in a risked based approach and in collaboration with key business and risk partners.
- BS/BA required, preferably Business, Finance, Risk Management, or Technology or CTPRP designation.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.