Business Support Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Business Support Manager
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: GBAM Operations
The Global Markets Operations Transformation and Change Business Support Manager will be accountable for multiple functional coverage areas mentioned above and provide general business support to the broader organization as needs arise.
This role is part of the combined Global Banking and Markets Operations (GBAMO) organization, comprised of nearly 10,000 employees located in 28 countries. GBAMO delivers end-to-end services and operations solutions and support to corporate, commercial and institutional clients.
This team delivers end-to-end support for Global Markets Sales, Trading and Underwriting businesses, and select Shared Services across Securities, Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, Futures, Options and Commodities products. Regional Technology and Operations delivers technology and operations to all lines of business in APAC, EMEA and LATAM, providing an integrated and transparent experience for our clients.
As a Business Support Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
Responsible for all aspects of COO function for GBAMO Transformation and Change (Initiatives) business, including
- Ownership of budget, forecast and allocation
- Management of monthly Initiative recovery process
- Tracking changes and variances, highlight trends, conduct root cause analysis
- Maintenance of adequate staffing levels across all programs and projects in accordance with budget
- Contractor / Consultant Approvals
- Timely hierarchy realignment
- Process improvement
As a Business Support Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communicates clearly and crisply and with confidence
- Applicants should have ability to navigate large complex global organizations and partner accordingly
- Sound business acumen and problem solving skills; ability to analyze problems, recommend options, and execute solutions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and operate in an ambiguous environment or an environment where priorities may change quickly
- Attention to detail and ability to work with large sets of data, consolidate information into presentations and interpret results
- Prior working experience in Operations, Finance, Technology or Risk
- Proficient in MS Office skills, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of business and financial management
- Private healthcare coverage
- Pension plan - 6% of base salary (we match employees contributions up to a maximum of 12%, or 15% after 15 years' service)
- Life assurance
- Vacation 25 days (ability to flex down or up with manager approval)
- Health screen
- Group income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- As a valued member of our team you will also be eligible for a number of optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, dental cover, retail vouchers and reduced costs on selected leisure and entertainment.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment