Chief Risk Officer | Insurance
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
CRO required for global insurance company based in Dublin, Ireland. Leading global Insurance company is seeking to recruit a new CRO to its executive management team due to an internal restructure of senior management personnel. Reporting directly to the CEO this is a superb opportunity to join a hugely successful and growth focused business in a key leadership role and have a real impact on the strategy and future direction of the company.
Leading global Insurance company is seeking to recruit a new CRO to its Executive Management team due to an internal restructure of senior management personnel. Reporting directly to the CEO this is a superb opportunity to join a hugely successful and growth focused business in a key leadership role and have a real impact on the strategy and future direction of the company.
The Chief Risk Officer has full responsibility for the Risk Management function of the company in Ireland with oversight and day to day managerial responsibility for the specialised risk management team in Dublin, while reporting to the Chair of the Risk Committee and the global Group CRO.
- Develop and maintain an effective risk management system comprising strategies, processes and reporting procedures necessary to identify, measure, monitor, manage and report, on a continuous basis the risks, at an individual and at an aggregated level, to which the Company is, or could be, exposed, and their interdependencies.
- Oversee the calculation of the SCR using the Internal Model, ensure the use of the model remains compliant with the Solvency II Regulations and develop the model as necessary. Implement the Model Validation Framework.
- Perform the Own Risk and Solvency Assessments for the business and facilitate the Boards oversight of and input to the ORSA Process.
- Monitor and ensure the effective implementation of the Board-approved Hedging Strategy of the business (including oversight of the hedging operations carried out on behalf of the Company)
- Monitor all additional investment and liquidity risks of the Company and advise the Board on strategies to manage those risks.
- Facilitate the setting of the risk appetite by the Board, monitoring risk exposures against the Board-approved Risk Appetite Limits and reporting thereon to the Risk Committee, advising the Board on strategies to mitigate the risks to which the Company is exposed.
- Assess and provide recommendations on all strategic changes, new products and/or reinsurance treaties that may be proposed by the business.
- Oversee the Internal Control Function of the business
- Implement the Operational Risk Framework and ensure the mitigation of material risk through engagement with the business.
- Engage with the Regulator to ensure smooth implementation of the Risk Management objectives.
- In depth experience in a senior risk leadership position including at least 4 years operating at an executive level.
- Professional Qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Risk Professional, Actuary or Accountant).
- Experience in a Life Company Risk Function with and in-depth knowledge of Solvency II, Internal models and Variable Annuity business.
- Knowledge of complex financial instruments, dynamic hedging and Asset Liability Management (ALM) strategies.
- Significant leadership experience and ability working with diverse teams of risk professionals.
- Ability and credibility to influence at a senior level and interact with Group Senior Executives, board members and regulators.
Interested parties should click the APPLY button to direct a copy of their CV in full confidence to John Ennis at Paragon Executive. For further information and a confidential discussion please call John on 01- 874 6770