Our client a leading Asset Manager with €75Bln AUM and a global network of international offices is currently looking to hire a talented and dynamic Consumer Analyst to join their award wining and growing team.
Our client a leading Asset Manager with £85Bln AUM and a network of international offices is currently looking to hire a talented and dynamic Consumer Analyst to join their award wining team.
- Job Title Research Analyst, Fundamental Equities
- Reporting to Sector Head and Head of Research – Fundamental Equities
Purpose of Role: Our investment process deploys a suite of proprietary screens and financial models, all designed by the investment team to identify value and quality characteristics in potential investments, that are precisely and rigorously articulated. Our commitment to this investment approach is absolute and draws on the firm’s 40 years experience of value investing. We are now seeking an experienced, like-minded investment professional to join our growing team.
Our research analysts serve as key members of the investment team, responsible for finding the best investment opportunities, consistent with the firm’s investment philosophy, within a global sector.
Major Responsibilities The major responsibilities of the role are:
- Deliver superior investment returns while adhering to our long standing approach to investing.
- Regular generation and presentation of investment ideas for each region, complete with financial model & documented investment case
- Engage with sector team & portfolio managers to ensure most attractive securities are selected for our clients
- Contribute actively to the development of the investment team, process and tools.
- Engage with company management / attend conferences as a representative and communicate updates on investment ideas
- Undertake marketing responsibilities as a member of the investment team
Education & Experience
- An excellent academic track record with at least a graduate degree and CFA qualification.
- A deep and specific industry knowledge of the Consumer sector which could potentially come from a number of backgrounds such as, but not exclusive to: specialist consultancy firms or industry groups within larger firms; M&A advisory firms; specialist audit firms or industry audit groups within larger practices; PE / VC firms; strategy, corporate development or investor relations teams within large corporates; asset managers; investment banks.
Specific Technical Knowledge/ Qualifications
- Excellent track record in, and specialized knowledge of, the Consumer sector.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to think long term.
- Strong communication skills
- Modeling and valuation skills
- Work closely with members of their sector team, portfolio managers and other equity research analysts
- Comfortable articulating, supporting, challenging and defending investment ideas in a collegial & constructive manner
- Display intellectual curiosity, humility, hard work, discipline and patience
- Courage to challenge popular wisdom
To discuss this unique and exciting opportunity please contact Colin Mc Ghee for a private & confidential conversation.