- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 11 Oct 18
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and working collaboratively with the Technical, Commercial, Legal and Finance teams, the Contracts Manager will primarily manage the key third party vendor management relationships, procurement, contracts management and internal and external regulatory compliance.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and working collaboratively with the Technical, Commercial, Legal and Finance teams. The role of Contracts Manager, will primarily be to manage the key third party vendor management relationships, procurement, contracts management and internal and external regulatory compliance.
- Lead the Technical team on the procurement of bought out goods and services supporting fleet project demand and aircraft programmes
- Manage Technical Vendor Management relationships ensuring the necessary procedures and workflows are being maintained in full, with the requisite sourcing and procurement functions delivery and compliance
- Initiate and maintain regulatory compliance systems ensuring that an acceptable means of compliance is maintained in full; managing internal (SCB compliance) / external (EASA /FAA) regulations with respect to procurement in full and the requisite compliance with the third parties employed
- Assist with new aircraft deliveries programmes and the requisite SFE / BFE negotiation and procurement functions with the TC holders and external OEMs
- Manage all Technical Contract administration functions from vendor engagement to contract execution in full, ensuring all related data is maintained and compliant in full
- Work with the technical team on the respective administrative functions with redelivery / storage / transition projects (aircraft modifications and customisation)
- Provide assistance with the necessary technical associated functions such with maintenance reserve management and support the commercial / marketing team on the necessary technical data requirements as required
- Work with the Technical and Finance teams on budget preparation / spend management and project costs / reconciliation
- Participate in the weekly Technical Operations meetings and contribute on the respective communications with the associated technical projects as required.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), preferably in a Business, Aviation or numerical discipline.
- Extensive experience in a management role in a relevant position, preferably Aviation Engineering Supply Chain or Aviation Technical Contracts Management.
- Previously worked for an aircraft lessor preferred alternatively an airline, vendor, or an OEM background will be considered
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of Materials BFE / SFE management and an in-depth knowledge of the requisite Airbus and Boeing customisation and delivery processes
- Must have a clear understanding and knowledge of the requisite airworthiness regulations and requirements (FAA/EASA/CAAC) along with the associated compliance obligations with aviation inventory customs and logistics management processes and obligations.
- Knowledge of Aviation Technical Contracts management and commercial offer and acceptance with the relevant Aviation Vendor Base
- Knowledge of Aviation Technical budget and cost code management and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.