The Senior Manager has overall responsibility for the daily deliverables and standards of the Corporate Action team. This role will also support the delivery and implementation of changes to the department in line with strategic roadmaps.
Corporate Actions are responsible for identifying, tracking, processing and reporting any Corporate Action events and Dividends, which effect any security position held by Fidelity's retail and institutional funds, across all asset classes. The global range of Fidelity's products and services expose the team to the full spectrum of corporate action types across most of the world's stock markets.
Corporate actions are in daily contact with approximately 30 custodian banks and information vendors researching, analysing and verifying corporate action information. The team is responsible for notifying the Portfolio Managers and Trading Desks globally with details of voluntary corporate actions. Corporate actions collect all responses and instruct the custodian banks in line with the Portfolio Managers wishes. The team account for all corporate action and CFD dividend entitlements in the individual funds across multiple daily Net Asset Value (NAV) points. Corporate actions work to tight deadlines to meet their obligations within Asset Management Operations (AMO).
The team operates in a fast developing and dynamic environment, where technology has and is being developed to automate current workflow processes. There is also a strong emphasis on liaison with the many areas within Global Business Solutions (GBS); working collaboratively to resolve mutual issues.
What you'll do
The Senior Manager has overall responsibility for the daily deliverables of the Corporate Action team ensuring that all events are managed to the prescribed standards, risks and issues are managed effectively and a high quality value add service is provided to the Investment Management teams and wider business functions.
The Senior Manager will support the delivery and implementation of changes to the departments operating model and procedures in line with the strategic roadmap, continually evaluating processes to identify smarter ways of working and implementing new products and instruments as required supporting global business initiatives.
What you can expect
- Oversight of the daily corporate actions processes ensuring that all events are processed in a timely and accurate manner across all asset types to defined service standards
- Daily delivery of a value added service to the wider business and our customers
- Act as an escalation or contact point for key stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally to Asset Management Operations
- An opportunity to demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills, developing future leaders within the team
- Setting department goals and monitoring performance of the department through regular appraisal of both individual and collective goals
- Manage the recruitment process for the department
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative MI reporting for the senior leadership team
- Manage the escalation of operating issues effectively, providing the appropriate level of detail required to appraise senior leadership.
- Ensure the department is structured and resourced to meet daily internal/external deadlines and monitor the delivery of all daily internal deadlines
- Manage the on-boarding of new funds or clients ensuring all operational risks are identified, reported and resolved through enhanced controls.
- Support the testing/implementation of projects which will impact the department
- Continually review operational procedures to identify areas of process improvement, risk reduction and ensure that the team adheres to them
- Identification, assessment and mitigation of operational risk within the department
- Initiate projects that minimise risk or generate efficiency - both operational and systemic
- Represent the team and present to internal / external clients of the corporate action team
- Support internal and external audits of the corporate action team and ensure that all actions are managed to resolution in line with agreed delivery dates
- Attend industry events staying current with developments in the business
Who you are
- Minimum 3-5 years global corporate actions experience at management level
- 2 years' experience in an asset management / asset servicing role (preferable)
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Capable of juggling and prioritising multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to influence the strategic direction of the department
- Experience of participating in projects and procedural enhancements with a track record of delivery
- Ability to drive through change within an operational environment
- Ability to think laterally and develop innovative solutions to problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organised with strong attention to detail
- This role is captured by FCA Training and Competency requirements and considered part of the UK ISFA Training and Competency scheme. The candidate should be able to prove completion of industry examinations, have appropriate grandfathering qualifications or be willing to work towards obtaining their qualifications within a specified timeframe