Corporate Actions Analyst
- Negotiable EUR
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 27 Aug 18 2018-08-27
As a corporate Actions analyst you will be responsible for identifying, tracking, processing and reporting any Corporate Action events and Dividends, which effect any security position held by Fidelity's retail and institutional funds. You'll be working in central, mdoern offices in a vibrant and progressive environment.
Global Business Services (GBS) is the operational backbone of Fidelity International, crucial to the accurate, timely and efficient administration of our funds. Located in several global locations, including Dublin, we provide the middle and back office functions for the company ranging from trade settlement, corporate action processing and NAV generation, through to the production of reports and accounts for our funds. In an industry that is becoming ever more complex it's essential that we are able to be creative and adaptable in the services and solutions we offer. With this in mind, our mission is to add value in every aspect of investment administration by delivering excellent service with a combination of innovative flexible solutions, outstanding knowledge resources and total commitment to our company goals.
We achieve this by:
- Providing a challenging and rewarding environment for our people
- Working with customers on timely, cost effective and creative solutions
- Constantly improving customer service delivery with strategic, scalable solutions in a risk-controlled environment
Within GBS, Corporate Actions are responsible for identifying, tracking, processing and reporting any Corporate Action events and Dividends, which effect any security position held by Fidelity's retail and institutional funds, on equity, fixed income and derivative type products. The global range of Fidelity's products and services expose the team to the full spectrum of corporate action types across most of the world's stock markets.
What you'll do
The team is in daily contact with approximately 30 custodian banks and information vendors researching, analysing and verifying corporate action information. You will be responsible for notifying the Portfolio Managers and Trading Desks globally with details of voluntary corporate actions. The team collect all responses and instruct the custodian banks in line with the Portfolio Managers wishes. There is also a strong emphasis on liaison with the many areas within Investment Services; working collaboratively to resolve mutual issues.
The team is responsible for processing all corporate action and dividend entitlements in the Accounting system on a timely and accurate basis in accordance with accounting practices. The team's daily processes are driven by the three daily valuation points at 10.00, 12.00 & 17.00 (UK time) and all activity must be loaded and checked prior to the valuation point. The team are also responsible for confirming the availability of entitlements and unblocking these from the trading system to enable trading. Processing will also include CFD's and also pre-processing certain mandatory events the day before ex-date within the Investment Services systems to reflect corporate action entitlements in the Start of Day positions delivered to Investment Management.
What you can expect
- Ensuring all corporate actions are captured and scrubbed to multiple sources and accurately released into the Corporate Action system.
- Identification, escalation and resolution of corporate action issues with particular emphasis on time critical and complex issues and managing custodian deadlines
- Preparation of voluntary corporate action notifications for distribution to the fund managers and trading desks
- Timely instructing of Custodians on Optional events via MT565 messaging through BaNCS Corporate Action system and other ad-hoc means when required, to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure all corporate actions are loaded to the accounting system on a timely and accurate basis to meet individual fund sign off times
- Ensure positions are placed into escrow as required and removed when available at the custodian
- Accruing Cash Dividends in the Accounting system
- Providing feedback on custodian and vendor performance to the management team
- Completion of key daily ad-hoc tasks
- Support line manager in the delivery of key daily outputs including checking of certain business critical tasks
- Support companywide project initiatives as required
- Support line manager in training and mentoring of junior members of the team
- Liaison with other Operational areas such as Settlements, Pricing, Data Management and Fair Value and in Investment Management with the local Portfolio Service Groups
Who you are
- Good time management skills with emphasis on ability to prioritise own work and meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communicator
- Self-starter with a dynamic "can do" attitude with a strong desire to make things happen.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, must be able to handle, coordinate and prioritise multiple tasks, issues and problems, ensuring resolution
- Good team worker sharing knowledge effectively and showing a flexible work approach
- Understanding of basic accounting principles