The Delivery Manager will report to Sports Platforms in Paddy Power Betfair and will manage the delivery of projects on the OpenBet roadmap. You will drive the evolution of team's software delivery capability and provide an exciting and rewarding career development for your team. You understand and embrace the philosophy of Continuous Delivery, and have experience of leading teams operating within a CD culture. You don't complain about recurring issues - you drive process change to fix the problems. You work with internal and external teams to create an agile, DevOps-centric team that builds, tests, releases and operates its own applications.
This role requires exceptional communication skills, as interaction and engagement with senior management will be a regular aspect of the role. A deep understanding of the Sports Platforms teams in Paddy Power Betfair is essential.
- Accountable for the delivery of technology solutions by OpenBet on all Paddy Power Betfair platforms
- Work closely with the other Sports Platform teams to ensure alignment of roadmaps
- Work closely with OpenBet to manage the relationship, conducting monthly service and support reviews, taking responsibility for people allocations and ensuring that resource and support spending is within budget
- Liaise constantly with the business and technology stakeholders to ensure a smooth delivery
- Play a senior role in the roll-out of lean and agile practices across the department
- Constantly up-skill the team focusing on building knowledge and expertise around the use of modern development techniques and methodologies to expedite feature delivery
- Coach, hold 1 to 1s, set and review objectives, appraise performance, and assist with career development, ensuring effective performance management;
- Help build a 'delivery with high quality' culture that is accountability and results orientated;
- Responsible for achieving and sustaining employee engagement
- Drive the team to continuously improve processes;
- Maximize employee retention through motivation and strong management;
- Adopts a coaching style of leadership.
- Strong Knowledge of Sports betting
- Hands-on experience in delivering software solutions along with experience working with third parties to ensure that PPB's requirements are delivered
- Ability to manage vendors and be the main point of contact with them for PPB
- Hands-on experience of translating agile principles into Software Development practices
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders, both technical and non-technical to discuss and gather requirements
- Complete understanding of Continuous Delivery with a track record of team improvement through emergent and leading practices
- Strong people and project management experience with a proven ability to mentor and grow a highly productive, dynamic and technically proficient team
- Using agile methods for software delivery;
- Working with distributed, redundant and transactional systems and the testing of these;
- Able to lead and motivate others;
- Work well under time and environmental pressures;
- Demonstrate senior principles, leading by example in terms of work ethic and professional attitude;
- Able to project manage work and prioritise effectively;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, who strives to maximise team and departmental performance.