The successful candidate needs to have previous experience in either portfolio management or portfolio construction. The role will require the successful candidate to help the team head coordinate multiple tasks across the team ensuring that key milestones are met. The individual needs to be able to understand the requirements of different stakeholders and translate this into clear deliverables. The performance team is part of an expanding Investment team, and as such the role will require the successful candidate to be adaptable in creating new processes and leveraging off tools to either provide management oversight or portfolio managers insight positions.
The Performance, Monitoring & Control (PMC) team is a critical part of the investment team at Mediolanum. The performance analyst will assist in leading a team of analysts primarily focused on providing support to traders, portfolio managers, fund selection personnel, management, and regulatory reporting.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Project managing team deliverables.
- Directing the team in meeting business requirements in aiding the understanding of fund performance and positioning.
- Monitoring and attributing the performance & risk of mutual funds and insurance products managed by Mediolanum against peer competitor funds.
- Analysing and effectively communicating the drivers of this performance to the investment team, product teams & board of directors.
- Monitoring all products and managers in respect of the investment guidelines in terms of investable universe, restrictions and performance & risk standards.
- Supporting our distributors in providing the necessary information to complete products fact sheets (including comments, asset allocation, and duration information).
- Preparing investment performance reports for their Boards of Directors.
- Supporting the Investment Committee’s evaluations and decisions with ad hoc investment analysis related to the current or prospective products.
- Working with the team to enhance, rationalize reports as required. Ensuring our processes are robust by reviewing and updating procedures, ensuring appropriate controls are used, developing relevant KPIs, and cross-training with other analysts where needed.
- Working with our colleagues in IT to drive efficiencies in processes and analysis production.
- Managing Strategic asset allocation changes to ensure suitability, cost minimisation & implementation.
- Maintenance of data in relation to funds managed by Mediolanum Irish Operations and methods of Peer comparison.
- Thorough & robust testing and trialling of new systems.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our various supplier firms.
The Ideal Candidate will have;
- 6 - 9 years’ experience providing portfolio analysis & support directly to front office investment personnel, preferably at an asset manager.
- Knowledge of financial markets and portfolio construction.
- Demonstrable experience; including asset allocation, performance measurement & attribution & risk analysis.
- Experience in mentoring or managing colleagues.
- The ability to interact with all stakeholders to ensure efficient delivery of business requests.
- A working knowledge of SQL or Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos or Qlik is an advantage.
- Knowledge or experience with scripted languages and data science exposure is an advantage
- A good knowledge of equities, fixed income and mutual funds. Understanding of requirements under different regulatory regimes, including Solvency II, UCITS & MIFID
- Experience with one or more of Bloomberg PORT, Style Research, Morningstar, MSCI risk analytics, or MYSIS Fusion Invest is a distinct advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related discipline, with a CFA charter holder or progress towards CFA being an advantage.