Derivative Onboarding Analyst
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
This opportunity is to work in the Global Business Operations (GBO) Service team, based in Dublin. The team is the focal point for internal stakeholders across a number of GBO services, acting as first and last contact, performing end to end impact assessments across GBO.
This opportunity is to work in the Global Business Operations (GBO) Service team, based in Dublin.
The team is the focal point for internal stakeholders across a number of GBO services, acting as first and last contact, performing end to end impact assessments across GBO. Primarily, but not exclusively, this team will be the Centre of Excellence for the following major central business activities;
- Product - impact assessment, launches, closures
- Institutional - On-boarding of new clients
- Derivatives - Onboarding of derivatives to GBO clients
The team is a central GBO focus point for FIL, one that is known for its expertise, versatility and understanding of the importance of getting it right first time.
The team has to have strong knowledge of GBO functions, a co-operative attitude and will include all relevant parties to ensure full end to end impact assessment and understanding of risks and benefits across the business.
What you'll do
- Manage the workflow for the setting up of derivatives for our retail and institutional clients
- Understand and interpret any market / regulatory changes that impact derivatives
- Co-ordinate activities across GBO departments in order to successfully deliver product and market launches/changes, and the onboarding of institutional clients
- Interpret the, sometimes unique, requirements of institutional clients and work with GBO teams to deliver services to them in accordance with requirements and within well understood risk parameters
- Analyse and communicate the operational impact of new product proposals
- Establish project timelines, action plans and risk management
- Establish a strong working relationship with members of all stakeholders groups impacted by your projects
- Plan, control and track all new initiatives and issue regular status reports as required. Identify and manage risks, escalating where appropriate
- Provide a flexible and responsive service to our internal stakeholders
What you can expect
- A vibrant environment with an opportunity to work closely with stakeholders.
- A busy, interesting, diverse workload from a variety of sources
- Very often working to tight deadlines.
- Energetic, with strong inter-personal skills and keen to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of in working in the asset management industry, with an understanding of middle and back office operations including transaction processing, asset servicing, asset valuation and fund accounting
- Ideally some experience of institutional client on-boarding and/or product development within asset management
- An understanding of Fidelity's products and services.
- A basic understanding of instrument types, including derivatives.
- Knowledge of different derivative types (e.g. ITS, CDS, Repos etc)
- Understand the life cycle of a derivative trades & associated processes (collateral management, counterparty set up)
- Problem solving skills: the ability to understand issues, structure problems, comes up with ideas and delivers workable solutions.
- Good Analytical Skills - accurate & numerate
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Good facilitation skills; the ability to bring people together to work through an issue
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritise and organise both own time
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Identify and resolve issues, escalating where appropriate.