The Director Product Design reports directly to Global Head Product Management, within a large Investment manager.
Director of Investment Product Design
You will own the long term stratgey for product offering for funds.
An important role with responsibilities for growing the client base of active equities, fixed income and multi assets benchmark products. Working closely with sales, marketing, technology, governance & risk, product management colleagues, corporate development, global research and client services.
You will help design and contribute to client engagement programmes and work with individual and groups of clients to support their take-up and ongoing use of our benchmarking, data and analytics products and services.
Your key accountability is to ensure sales and marketing research has a fully coordinated approach to product strategy, development, client input, and engagement.
Key Aspects of the Position Include:
- Driving the fund client engagement programme in EMEA – driving activity, delivering results, managing change;
- Liaise with global group support teams (Finance, Legal, et cetera) as appropriate;
- Support of strong linkage between the Research, Sales and Marketing teams and Product Management colleagues;
- Increased use of research across the client range;
- Strategy development for client segments and individual clients;
- Increasing client engagement and input in product development process;
- Integrity: as a very visible leader it is imperative that the candidate demonstrates the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, leading by example
- Partnership: the candidate will be required to work in strong collaboration with colleagues across the business (Legal, Finance, Research as well as Global Sales). They should also take a strong collaborative approach with clients and business partners
- Excellence: this is a highly delivery-focused role. To be successful in this role requires high levels of energy, strong commitment and focus. These are key traits that need to be fostered throughout the sales organisation, setting examples across our wider business
- Innovation: the candidate must demonstrate the ability to anticipate and react to evolving market conditions in order to maximise opportunities and manage risks
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Client engagement experience in the area of financial data, financial benchmarks, investment markets or closely related areas
- Proven track record of developing fixed income benchmark products, across the full spectrum of product development from, idea conception to, benchmark creation and formulating a market strategy to support the new product
- Understanding of the investment process and experience in dealing with asset owners, investment consultants, and asset managers
- Proven ability to work with global clients and influencers
- Capability to contribute to strategy development and decision making
- Strong and deep knowledge of the financial markets across both buy and sell side areas
- Self-motivated and team orientated
The individual will need to have the following key attributes:
- Drive to achieve business goals
- Excellent relationship skills
- Good networking ability
- First class communication and presentation skills
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities and changing requirements
- Ability to take a strategic view on commercial opportunities
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong degree in a numerate subject
Are you proactive ? Hungry for a challenge?Thrive in a collaborative team
If this job posting seems different from those of our competitors, it’s because our clients really are different: it’s not just a slogan or a mantra. We are out to change an industry by building a better mousetrap. No tricks, no games, just top-tier candidates and excellent service to our clients. To do that, we need to hire the best of the best. So, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please get in touch for further information.