Your new role will involve Operational support, project delivery from concept, scoping, design through to implementation and when required 3rd level operational support.
The Technology function within the Technology, Finance and Investment Admin department provides IT services to the Fidelity International business, globally. These include the development and support of business applications that underpin our revenue, operational, compliance, finance, legal, marketing and customer service functions. The broader organisation incorporates Infrastructure services that the company relies on to operate on a day to day basis including data centre, networks, proximity services, security, voice, incident management and remediation.
The Enterprise Network Services team are responsible for innovative network and firewall design solutions, supporting operations and delivering these services to the FIL business units. The ENS team have global responsibilities, delivering a regional support service through a virtual model, with staff located in our UK, European, India and Asia offices.
Purpose of your role:
A Technical Specialist within Enterprise Network Services (ENS) will be expected to have a fundamental network understanding, including excellent knowledge of network, Firewall and Security technologies, from best of breed vendors. This highly technical and service focussed position will involve Operational support, project delivery from concept, scoping, design through to implementation and when required 3rd level operational support. The ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse geographical based team is essential.
ENS provide services to all areas of the Fidelity business, operating a regional delivery function that identifies and drives tasks and initiatives to completion. The ability to work well with project managers and senior stakeholders is fundamental; also the need to be able to work under pressure within a busy and reactive environment is essential.
Your key accountabilities:
- Conduct yourself as a seasoned technical professional.
- ENS stakeholder, delivering regional 'One team' approach.
- Responsible for project delivery on time and within budget
- Participate in and adhere to ENS engineering.
- Ensure delivered solutions transition into 'supportable services' via the ready for service framework.
- Mentor and cross train ENS staff as required
Your skills and experience:
- At least 5 - 10 years financial services experience
- Should be considered a networking expert
- Excellent understanding of network architecture, design and support (related to the specified technologies)
- Proven delivery experience is essential, preferably with a financial services company
- Proven Service Management (ITIL) experience, specifically incident, problem and change management
- Delivering service within a high pressure environment
- Diligent, thorough and professional
- Service Oriented, business aware and customer focused
- Motivated, with a positive (can-do) and enthusiastic attitude
- Good organisational and planning skills, with attention to detail
- Good documentation skills, including writing policies and procedures
- Confident, influential and able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience of supporting network technologies
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP and network switching & routing
- Understanding of network requirements, able to identify/discuss viable solutions
- Cisco routing and switching including datacentre platforms
- Aruba Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent VitalQIP
- Knowledge of monitoring and analysis tools (SolarWinds, Riverbed Shark, Wireshark, etc)
- Knowledge of DNS & DHCP (IPAM)
- Ability to cope with demanding schedules and pressured deadlines
- Must be flexible in approach to work content and responsibilities
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Must be able to interact with customers (the business) and technicians effectively
- Cisco ACI
- F5 Big-IP - LTM (iRules) GTM & ASM) - BigIQ
- Palo Alto, Juniper and Checkpoint firewall technologies and management platforms
- Juniper SA/MAG (PulseSecure)
- Bluecoat proxies
- SD-WAN Technologies
- Cloud Security
- Professional qualifications (against relevant technologies)
- Project Management qualifications and experience Standard, also the ISO20000 and ISO27001 standards
- Enthusiastic about technology, innovative in approach
- Ability to thrive in a technology driven, rapidly changing and expanding environment
- A desire to do things the right way, whilst remaining focused on team and business objectives
Requirements of Role:
- This role expects a level of out of hours and weekend working
- This role expects on-call participation (allowance provided)
- This role does require occasional working from other Fidelity UK offices. ENS also have significant operations in India, APAC and Central Europe so a willingness to travel is advantageous.