- Competitive salary & benefits package
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
Irish PLC operating in the manufacturing sector is looking for a BIG 4 trained accountant with industry experience to join their German operation of a new division within this highly acquisitive group. MUST HAVE FLUENT GERMAN
Irish PLC operating in the manufacturing sector is looking for a BIG 4 trained accountant with industry experience to join their German operation of a new division within this highly acquisitive group. Reporting into the local MD but also having a dotted line back into the Divisional Finance Director. This role will play an instrumental role in driving strategy across operations not just in Germany but across Central European as a member of the Regional senior management team.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Lead the local Finance, IT and HR teams to provide timely and accurate management information on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide commentary on business performance highlighting any issues of concern.
- Develop and implement Regional strategic plans with the objective of continually growing the business and maximising profit.
- Lead the process for budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning.
- Take the lead in implementing and maintaining the reporting for the Region, ensuring strong controls are in place across the Region.
- Ensure acquisitions are integrated within the Region effectively and have suitable systems in place to control both manufacturing and sales processes.
- Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies.
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams, with Divisional Finance function and external auditors and tax advisors.
- Continually challenge existing decisions, processes and data, in order to maximise value for the business.
- Ensure risks and opportunities are highlighted and that forecast sensitivities and risks are identified.
- Monitor closely pricing and margins. Ensure all product and project costings are accurately maintained and ensure process is in place to make accurate estimates.
- Support implementation of Divisional IT and HR Strategies.
- Build and develop the finance & IT teams to deliver and support the needs of the Region.
- Deputise for MD as required.
- Role will involve international travel
Education / Requirements:
- Suit Qualified ACA from BIG 4 firm with 7yrs+ PQE in a commercial finance role in a fast paced, dynamic global environment.
- Familiar with working in a plc organisation operating in a diverse, multi-site, manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to post acquisition integration.
Fully IT literate and experience of implementing major IT projects.