Who we are looking for
Be a part of a team of 200+ dedicated financial reporting professionals who are focused on delivering interim and annual US GAAP/IFRS financial statements to a diverse group of alternative investment managers. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for As Financial Reporting -Officer role you will
What we value
- You'll plan, schedule, and manage the production of interim / annual financial statements and daily workflow for multiple alternative investment client relationships and product types (hedge, private equity, and real estate funds).
- You'll act as the primary point of contact for clients with responsibility for implementing and supporting the service requirements of the various client relationships serviced within the group
- You'll perform technical reviews of hedge, private equity, and real estate funds' financial statements in accordance with relevant GAAP and regulatory requirements
- You'll set individual and team targets and priorities; maintain high standards of client service; conduct performance appraisals and give feedback on individual and team performance
- You'll maintain and develop technical expertise and participate in training junior staff and new hires
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to effectively represent the team to clients and internal stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field
- 4-6 years of related experience including experience managing staff
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS investment company financial statements
- Previous experience servicing alternative investments
- CPA is a plus
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers