Working within the fixed income attribution team, you will be seen as a specialist in the area of fixed income and assist in the development of junior staff. The team will be focused on the production of quarterly fund reports, fund exposure reporting and providing attribution analysis on our fixed income range of products. You will help manage many stakeholders in both the investment and distribution business.
About Performance Analytics
The Performance Analytics group provides performance information and portfolio analysis for Fidelity International Limited (FIL) worldwide. The new formally team will operate a hub a spoke model with two centres of excellence in Dublin (Ireland) and Dalian (China) supported by local specialists in London, Tokyo and Hong Kong.
The group comprises three teams who all interact closely and work together to provide clients both internal and external with analysis on Fidelity products and mandates. The performance attribution & risk reporting team provides attribution and risk analytics such as quarterly fund reports, investment risk oversight pack, liquidity reporting and support to our investment teams. The performance operations team is responsible for ensuring the quality of our data, management of our systems, GIPS©, regulatory performance & risk and providing key senior management metrics. The performance reporting team supply performance, attribution and ex-post to all of our clients but retail and institutional heavily supporting our distribution network.
Purpose of your role
The primary focus of the of the role is to work within the fixed income attribution team. The role will see you as a specialist in the area of fixed income and assist in the development of junior staff. The team will be focused on the production of quarterly fund reports, fund exposure reporting and providing attribution analysis on our fixed income range of products. The team will manage many stakeholders in both the investment and distribution business. The team will be based in both Dublin and Dalian.
What you'll do
- Investigation and resolution of complex queries and client queries in a timely manner.
- Independent verification of fixed income attribution reporting for client use
- Provision of value added analysis on attribution reporting for the front office
- Taking ownership for specific tasks.
- Requirement to be a specialist for your allocated desks/strategies
- Ensure reports are produced to deadlines driven by both internal and external clients
- Close working relationship with middle office and tech to ensure data quality and report suitability
- Liaison with product delivery to bring new business on board
- Liaison with client reporting and front office to determine and agree pipeline of deliverables/priorities
- Calculation of exposure based metrics (capacity analysis, derivative reporting, etc)
- Responding to a significant volume of ad-hoc queries and requests
- Involvement in projects and systems testing as required.
- Knowledge sharing and support for team members across the group as applicable
- Manage own workload between BAU and projects ensuring delivery of the same
Your skills and experience
- Degree level in Finance, Maths, Statistics, Economics, Accounting preferred however will consider non-degree holders with the desire to learn and an aptitude for numbers.
- Experience and expertise in fixed income performance and attribution is essential
- Strong knowledge of fixed income is essential
- Proven ability to explain fixed income attribution reporting to clients/the front office is essential
- Sound knowledge of investment performance calculation including ex-post risk
- Keen interest in the markets and desire to apply this to fixed income strategies and the interpretation of investment performance
- Solid experience in the financial services industry with a strong knowledge in asset management
- Continuous improvement and change management mindset, questioning conventional ways of managing the business and driving change to improve processes
- Project management experience and critical thinking ability
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated and responsive to a changing environment.
- Team contributor
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.