Fund Accounting Oversight Associate
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's pre-eminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets.
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Do you thrive in an environment that champions positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Technology and Operations ("Tech Ops") is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. Tech Ops establishes and coordinates operational procedures internally and externally with clients, custodians, accounting agents, prime brokers, broker-dealers and other vendors and is responsible for leading BlackRock's relationships. Global Fund Distribution Partner ("FDP") Operations is a unit within Tech Ops
The team on behalf of the Irish Management Company oversees the Firms 3rd party Mutual Fund Accounting providers. This comprises of 16 Irish Domiciled fund ranges, over 180 funds and representing USD +300 billion in AUM. These ranges consist of a wide variety of products which include a flagship Money Market Cash fund range, a growing Multi Manager business, Equity and Fixed Income Passive index funds and Liability Matching Solutions Products as well as a number of bespoke single client Tailored Strategies.
We primarily focus on Product Lifecycle Management - ensuring product are rigorously evaluated before implementation at 3rd party delegates
- Own the Oversight of the external Fund Accountant for Irish domiciled UCITS and AIFs funds
- Provide Fund accounting technical expertise across all operational aspects
- Contribute towards and make presentations to BlackRock governance bodies (e.g. fund boards) and committees
- Review and challenge policies and procedures to help evolve the Fund Accounting Ops model
- Challenge the overall operating model and control framework for Fund Accounting and related outsourced services.
- Build good relationships with business areas within BlackRock, effectively engage and lead fund launches and product change.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with all relevant BlackRock policies and with regulatory requirements impacting Products.
- Supervising outsourced functions, including performance of the service provider, due diligence visits, evaluate control environments, investigation of NAV related queries from internal and external sources.
- Supporting the Financial Statement team in local audits and review of financial statements.
- Ensure Team approach is consistent with standard control methodologies, oversight and management of vendors and production of fund asset valuations and where appropriate provides input and builds initiatives to improve such processes.
Experience Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 5 years UCITS, AIF fund accounting experience, including (but not limited to) :
Hedged Share Classes
Investor Anti Dilution Mechanisms
Expense budgets, TER, UCITs Ongoing Charges, Performance fees
Provider Control environment & NAV tolerance review
Project Management for regulatory change and business change
- Vendor management experience
- Good understanding of the fund valuation and associated transaction lifecycle and key control frameworks.
- Good prioritization skills and ability to handle differing requirements from multiple 'clients'.
- Good track record in implementing change management
- Develop practical and pragmatic solutions through a 'hands on' approach.
- Good verbal and written communication capabilities - ability to interact and clearly communicate / articulate with all levels, including portfolio managers, fund directors, external auditors, senior management and vendors.
- Needs initiative, drive and enthusiasm; passion for performance.
- Excellent attention to detail !
- Equal opportunity employer
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.