Fund Board Governance Associate
Description About this role
BlackRock is seeking an Associate to work as part of the Fund Board Governance team supporting BAMIL. The role will be based in Dublin.
The employee will report directly to a Vice President, of Fund Board Governance in Dublin. Key to the role will be to ensure that the highest governance standards are being applied to Irish entities and audit committees. Working as part of a team, you will ensure that communications between the Boards and Committees and the business operate effectively and to the highest standards and that all applicable governance requirements are met and that standard company secretarial activities are completed in a timely and effective manner.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are required as the role requires regular interaction with Board and Committee members and with senior executives within BlackRock.
The successful candidate will interact with a wide range of departments within BlackRock to facilitate board reporting in areas such as investment and risk reporting, compliance and operations. The successful candidate will be expected to attend, manage and participate in Board and Committee meetings.
- Working as part of a team, to ensure the highest level of corporate governance for BAMIL / Funds / Audit Committees;
- Manage the business of a range of corporate entities through the setting of agendas, preparation and distribution of Board/Committee packs, completion of matters arising and minutes and the monitoring and control of Board delegations policies;
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with the Chairpersons and Directors of the entities for which you are responsible;
- Ensure company secretarial matters are properly managed;
- Management of shareholder meetings where appropriate;
- Work with BlackRock staff to ensure that submissions are of a high standard and are suitable to lay before the Board- proactively ensuring that they address issues of importance to the Boards;
- Assist in monitoring and updating Board and Committee diaries;
- Updating company records (both internal and Blueprint) and preparing templates;
- Reviewing and drafting documents and procedures;
- Preparation of minutes and matters arising for the Boards or Committees;
- Assist in ensuring that all Board and Committee terms of references are reviewed and updated (if required) on a regular basis;
- Assist in advising on managing, mitigating and monitoring corporate governance risks;
- Support the strong governance and control framework in place across BlackRock Europe by adherence to the processes and procedures in place to meet all regulatory and statutory obligations;
- Proactively work to develop and enhance Board and Committee processes and controls in response to regulatory and industry changes, and as directed by the Boards and the business;
- Providing input and advice to the business and directors with regard to Board governance matters; and
- Report to the Boards and Committees on matters such as delegated authorities, board policies and procedures and corporate governance matters generally.
- Qualified Company Secretary is preferred but is not a pre-requisite;
- Excellent minute taking ability required;
- Team player, with a willingness and ability to help others;
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility to adapt to shifting time expectations;
- Highly organized and with excellent personal time management;
- Attention to detail essential and proofing skills;
- Experience in a control/oversight function such as Audit, Risk or Compliance an advantage;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (focus on Excel and PowerPoint);
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organisation and build positive relationships with team members, managers,
and senior leaders in multiple locations around the world;
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards;
- Ability to work independently and to exercise discretion, initiative, and judgement; and
- Perform diverse and complex tasks with accuracy and excellent attention to detail;
Key personal attributes will also include:
- Desire to work in a high-energy environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence and delivering impact;
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing deliverables and tight deadlines;
- A commitment to completion and delivery;
- Intellectual curiosity is advantageous as it is necessary to understand wide ranging and demanding topics.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.