Fund of Funds Selection Analyst
- Excellent & Benefits
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
Our Client, a Global Investment Manager, is now seeking to hire a high profile Investment Analyst Team Leader to supervise their elite team of investment analysts. The team primarily focuses on the structure and monitoring of a UCITS fund of funds umbrella
Role: The investment analyst will supervise a small team of analysts primarily focused on the structure and monitoring of a UCITS fund of funds umbrella. Research will be primarily equity focused encompassing the major developed and emerging markets. The work environment is dynamic and would afford a person with experience in a similar role in asset management the ability to expand upon their knowledge of the investment industry.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Reviewing and monitoring of UCITS Funds of Funds encompassing equity and fixed income asset classes.
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analyses of current model portfolios and target fund investments to assess their overall suitability with target performance standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Assessing peer group opportunity sets for potential investment candidates and submit model portfolio proposals to the Investment Committee.
- Performing investment due diligence for the Investment Committee as part of ad hoc and ongoing projects.
- Ad hoc projects as required
The Ideal Candidate will have;
- An analytical background with a 3 level qualification at Master’s level in a finance or business discipline and, or be studying for the CFA qualification.
- At least five years’ work experience, preferably in financial services.
- Some knowledge and experience of the Funds Selection is essential.
- Numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail as a pre-requisite as is the ability to work to deadlines in a team based environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both oral & written).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, as is knowledge of Bloomberg.
- A good knowledge of the mutual funds investment market and a broad understanding of long only investment principles.
Remuneration: Remuneration package will be competitive and based on successful candidates overall abilities and experience.
For a Private and Confidential conversation and to obtain a full job spec - please contact Sean Sweeney at Paragon Executive.