Head of Compliance and MLRO - Retail Credit
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
AS A MEMBER OF THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT TEAM THE HEAD OF COMPLIANCE AND MLRO IS A SENIOR ROLE THAT REQUIRES A CANDIDATE WITH EXPERIENCE OF INFLUENCING DECISIONS AT ALL LEVELS OF THE ORGANISATION. THE HEAD OF COMPLIANCE WILL ALSO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PERFORMING THE COMPLIANCE MONITORING OF ALL REGULATED ACTIVITIES OF THE COMPANY AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS.
- A minimum of seven years compliance experience in credit servicing or retail banking
- Experience of managing the MLRO and data protection officer roles
- CPC knowledge and experience required
- CCMA knowledge preferred
- Experience of dealing with the Central Bank of Ireland
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong ethical standards and an ability to influence decisions and forge effective professional relationships at all levels of the business
- Leadership skills with the ability to recruit, develop and lead a team
- A legal or compliance qualification e.g. ACOI
- Maintaining the compliance programme up to date with regulatory and business change, including the Consumer Protection Code and the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears.
- Member of the senior management team.
- Oversee all aspects of corporate governance, ensuring it is documented and that best practice is followed.
- Monitoring the regulated activity performed by the company and its service providers to ensure regulatory obligations are met.
- Preparing and presenting reports to the Board of Directors.
- As primary contact for the Central Bank of Ireland the Head of Compliance must foster and maintain an effective and positive relationship with the Central Bank of Ireland.
- MLRO duties and overall responsibility for the AML function.
- Responsibility and management of the company’s data protection regime including GDPR duties and oversight of company website, standard customer documents and marketing documents.
- Working closely with other teams within the company and third-party suppliers to ensure their policies, procedures, processes and controls are compliant and current and effective record-keeping reporting is in place.
- Management of the required education and training requirements.
This Head of Compliance position is a highly unique opportunity to join a growing institution.
For a private and confidential conversation and for a full job description please contact
Ciarán O Connell on 01-8746770.