My client are seeking a talented risk professional with proven management experience to join their group in a newly created PCF 14 approved role.
- Support the CRO in fostering and developing a strong risk management culture, across all categories of risk, throughout the organisation.
- Play a leading role in enhancing the existing enterprise risk management framework through the provision of support and the development of relationships with individual lines of business.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing adaptation of a new enterprise risk management platform being introduced into the organisation and management of the business risk committee meetings
- Managing and providing expert opinion and support to the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and undertake control effectiveness testing on a periodic basis.
- Providing technical input with regards to the development of regulatory and risk training
- Providing input to the 2nd line regulatory risk assessment process
- Work with individual lines of business and support functions to mitigate, manage and monitor risks across the organisation.
Provision of Advice
- Partnering with the business functions to understand strategic priorities and business plans, ensuring that the aligned R&C team provides proactive risk and compliance advice.
- Advice and support to the business, including regulatory interpretation including with Irish and EU requirements (e.g. in relation to: MiFID, UCITS, CBI, FUND etc.).
- Wide-ranging risk & compliance advice across the businesses (e.g.: operational controls, remediation approaches to errors, review of control failures/losses/breaches/incidents).
- Supporting a range of regulatory driven projects, new product launches and other relevant change programs within the investment businesses.
- Advice with regards to the implementation of best practice procedures and controls from a risk management and compliance perspective.
- Advice and guidance in relation to the identification, review and resolution of risk events/regulatory breaches.
Contributing to R&C team activities
- Maintaining appropriate procedures and resources in order to deliver high quality services.
- Production of relevant management information in relation to activities performed by the team.
- Deputising for and support the CRO in meetings when required.
- Promoting and encouraging a risk culture that underpins the Groups values and drives risk awareness and accountability within the business.
- Ensuring that the team receive appropriate training and that the capabilities of the team continue to be developed in line with business needs.
- Supporting the wider R&C function in the delivery of functional activities where required and where appropriate.
- Degree qualified or equivalent professional experience with minimum of five years experience in risk management ideally in a ManCo or Fund Services organisation;
- Strong communications skills and attention to detail with a strong ability to facilitate collaborative working within and across teams;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a demanding and highly regulated environment;
- Ability to maintain clear lines of communication with various internal and external stakeholders; and
- Ability to identify areas to improve efficiency, accuracy and analysis and suggest ways of improvement.
For a confidential discussion please do not hesitate to contact Karl Byrne, Associate Director at EMPOWERMENT Financial Search & Selection on +353 (1) 661 9235 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly via this posting.
EMPOWERMENT Financial Search & Selection is a niche recruitment firm helping the career development of finance professionals. We have excellent contacts across industry, financial services, practice, and a reputation for sourcing the best talent in the marketplace.