IFDS - Transfer Agency, Registration (AML), Officer
Who we are looking for
You will be part of a busy team responsible for providing a high quality service to Clients, Distributors and Investors in ensuring investor accounts are opened and updated in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements. You will have the opportunity to build on your existing management experience, customer service skills and anti-money laundering regulatory knowledge, to lead and provide direction to your team, colleagues and client and to foster an environment of customer service excellence.
You will have a background in Financial Services, with a broad understanding of Transfer Agency and Fund Administration activities, and will have a good knowledge of the regulations impacting investor accounts servicing.
You will have highly developed business writing and analytical skills, with a track record in investigating complex issues and providing concise reports or verbal updates to Clients, investors and internal stakeholders.
You will be integral to ensuring that the processes, controls and staffing in place are sufficient to address the risks, and will be experienced in identifying risks and designing controls.
You will have a positive 'can do' attitude, eager to support colleagues and to contribute to the success of your team, department and wider organisation. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for Client Service
Leadership & Resource Management
- Ensure an effective operating model is in place to meet Client SLA obligations.
- Strive to exceed customer expectations, and ensure your team does likewise.
- Investigate and resolve or escalate client issues promptly and support the resolution as necessary.
- Foster strong working relationships with your Client and colleagues to ensure an effective operating model is in place to provide a superior customer service.
- Work with the Registration Assistant Vice President and Client Relationship Manager to identify and address areas for improvement.
- Lead a team to ensure that investor accounts are opened or reviewed accurately, timely and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Foster an environment where team members are developed, trained and mentored to bring them to a high level of expertise and service skills, making use of the Training resources provided.
- Identify efficiencies and improvements in processes and controls, and work with Senior Management and peers across the organization to implement enhancements.
- Make sound operational decisions including, but not limited to, work priorities and resourcing requirements, anti-money laundering assessments, risks and controls.
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual operational and resourcing problems that are referred from above and below.
- Support team participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects and lead local team initiatives as required.
- Act as a point of escalation for team members or colleagues and assist with queries; manage these to resolution, with the support of team management if required.
- Assist more senior colleagues and peers when required to do so and deputise in their absence.
- Promote a positive working environment and be a positive influence on the team.
Risk & Regulatory
- Work closely with your team members and manager to communicate your requirements and to understand theirs.
- Ensure all communication with clients or investors is accurate, clear and concise and delivered in a highly professional manner, whether written or verbal.
- Prepare reports for clients or Senior Management on incidents, proposals or other areas as required.
- Work with your direct reports to develop their report writing skills and to ensure that all written communication from the team is of the highest standard.
- Foster a strong culture of control and accuracy within your team, and ensure awareness of and adherence to procedures and key controls at all times.
- Have a good knowledge of provisions of AML regulations and be familiar with and understand regulatory requirements in relation to tax reporting as they affect investor account set-up and maintenance
- Ensure you and your team escalates issues and concerns proactively and timely. Thoroughly investigate issues and propose and implement solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure the team procedures are operationally sound with an emphasis on risk reduction and regulatory compliance; ensure procedures are in place for all tasks.
- Facilitate internal and external audits and ensure all sampling and management input is provided on a timely basis. Ensure items identified by auditors are addressed on time.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to concisely and effectively communicate results of analysis and proposals to senior management and Clients, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience managing a team, processing high volumes accurately against tight deadlines.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and risk awareness.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of dealing with Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Team oriented and enthusiastic with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
About State Street What we do.
- Sound procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is desired.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers