IFRS Technical Accountant
- Competitive tax free salary + expat benefits package
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
One of the world’s largest asset owners is looking for a BIG 4 qualified accountant from a strong technical accounting and controls background to join their accounting team which provide IFRS technical accounting support to the finance, investment and operations functions across the business. You will be bringing your career to the next level by working alongside some of the world’s leading investment and finance professionals in this highly regarded blue chip organisation.
There is also the lucrative ex-pat tax free salary & extensive benefits package, a healthy work life balance and the very enjoyable five star lifestyle while enjoying a new life experience in a new country!
- Responsible for using their technical accounting knowledge and skills to advise and consult with the various stakeholders on the accounting treatment (IFRS) for existing and new products, processes and systems across both the liquid and illiquid assets classes.
- You will be the IFRS expert and will assist colleagues across the financial reporting department to ensure full compliance with IFRS accounting policies.
- Stay abreast of all new IFRS accounting standard and implement changes across the financial reporting and control functions to ensure compliance.
- As the in-house IFRS expert you will be responsible for advising, mentoring and training colleagues on all related IFRS topics and their impact on the organisation.
- The second part of the role will involve identifying key controls, creating and maintaining process level documentation while testing, evaluating and suggesting improvement to improve the level of internal controls over Financial Reporting.
- BIG 4 trained accountant from the financial services audit division (asset management or investment banking)
- Must be a technical expert on IFRS accounting standard with a particular understanding IFRS 9 financial instruments and performing control assessments under IFRS 10 & 11 and IAS 28.
- Must have experience in audit of controls in the financial services sector (SOX / COSO)
- Strong product knowledge of financial instruments and products across both the liquid (equities, fixed income, bonds, foreign exchange & derivatives) and alternative / illiquid space (real estate, private equity & infrastructure).
- Strong communication skills which will include demonstrated stakeholder management skills and the ability to guide and influence peers and internal stakeholders.
- Must be 100% fluent in English, both verbal and written.