InDesign Programmer & Production (12 Month FTC)
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
In a highly collaborative role, reaching across many areas of the organisation, you will be responsible for Graphic Technical Development and daily Graphic Production using InDesign.
Purpose of your role
Your key accountabilities
- Development and Maintenance, predominantly within .Net, Java, XML, XSLT, InDesign (Including XSLT).scripting
- Product backlog and Sprint planning, Daily scrum sessions, Release planning, Retrospective reviews.
- Liaise with external suppliers, planning scheduled code releases and testing, ensuring environments are always in sync.
- Participation in daily graphic production when required, guided by process documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Working with global Product Owners, Stakeholders, Core Systems and Control functions on a daily basis.
- Attention to detail and structured organisation is of the utmost importance.
- Development, implementation and documentation of new procedures, plus continuous review of existing.
- Provide mentor & coaching support to colleagues and more junior team members.
- Liaise with other areas within Fidelity to maintain good relationships and open communication, ensuring a general awareness of project related activity.
- Proactively identify and implement efficiency improvements.
- Identify and resolve issues, escalating where appropriate.
- Identify and manage risks within Groups Risk Management Programme, escalating where appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments within financial reporting, IT and graphic industries.
Your skills and experience
- Solid Adobe InDesign experience, preferably from a Mac production environment.
Advanced Adobe InDesign automation, including Stylesheets, XML and XSLT.SQL (SQL server), T-SQL, SSRS. Server 10+.
- Experience with Vermilion Reporting Suite would be a distinct advantage.
- Microsoft Office Suite: Access, Excel and Word.
- Strong Project Management and Agile Scrum skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (daily international interaction with people from all levels).
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Positive attitude, flexible and adaptable to constant change.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast moving multi-project environment.
- Teamwork, commitment and self-driven personality.
- Experienced with programming using FileMaker Server 15 or later
- Experienced with HTML
- Good knowledge and experience with SQL Server, preferably >2005.
- Exposure to MS Access.
- An understanding of Fidelity's products and services.
- Interest in foreign languages.
Key Competencies for the role
- Team Working: Sharing ideas, support and training of others
- Initiating and adapting to change: Process improvements or Business driven.
- Networking within the organisation to support collaboration, training and information gathering.
- Problem Solving: Inquisitive and including approach.
- Influencing and Negotiation: Communicate with impact, effectiveness & clarity.
- Stakeholder/Customer Management.
- Need for Excellence: Self organisation, Eye for detail and Quality controls.
- Delivers results: Takes ownership for delivery, Effective delegation.