- Competitive Salary + Annual Cash Bonus + Share of Carry
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Sep 17 2017-09-11
SME loan origination and execution role. Individual with experience in accountancy, corporate finance, mezzanine finance, leveraged finance, venture debt, venture capital, commercial finance, restructuring, or corporate finance arenas to join entrepreneurial SME lender.
Senior debt fund is seeking candidates to join its expanding team. The direct lending fund has significant capital to invest and has ambitious growth plans. The fund is entrepreneurial and meritocratic therefore the ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial in nature, ambitious, with a strong work ethic, and an interest in the investment process. The candidates will play a pivotal role in the establishment and growth of the fund with a high level of responsibility and the ability to have a direct impact.
• Deal origination, screening, appraising and presenting new investment opportunities to Investment Partners.
• Completing commercial due diligence including market analysis, competitive positioning of potential borrowers, financial modelling and sensitivity and stress analyses.
• Preparation and presentation of internal investment papers.
• Researching and tracking new investment opportunities and preparing periodic deal pipeline reports.
• Portfolio management, responsibilities will include attendance at board meetings, monitoring monthly management information, assisting with the analysis and monitoring of existing borrowers’ performance.
• Assisting with monthly and quarterly Investor reporting requirements.
• Developing marketing plan to drive origination including attendance at networking events and creating and presenting marketing presentations.
• Experience in SME lending, venture debt, leverage finance, mezzanine finance, commercial lending, and / or restructuring and corporate finance.
• Candidates must have an excellent academic record – minimum of 2.1 Honours degree.
• A network of existing relevant contacts is viewed as desirable.
• A post graduate qualification (CFA, ACA, Masters in Finance) is viewed as desirable.
• Strong financial modelling skills together with a high degree of proficiency in using MS Excel.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills given the close interaction candidates shall have with both the borrowers and investment partners.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Hard worker, “ready to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty”.
• Independent, confident individual who can represent the firm in the market and with clients, and can make appropriate decisions when necessary.
• Entrepreneurial nature.
• Driven, ambitious and highly motivated.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.