Investment Solutions Compliance Advisory, Vice President
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's Compliance Department protects BlackRock's reputation and provides client focused advice. It understands, challenges and advises on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions in order to champion our clients' interests
- Collaborating with the business to position Compliance centrally into their daily work;
- Ensuring that client interests are at the center of everything we do;
- Cultivating and enhancing the compliance culture within BlackRock;
- Providing thought leadership, analysis and advice on the impact of the regulatory framework on the business and its clients; and
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced compliance professional to join our EMEA Compliance Advisory team. This position will complement an existing team of over 100 compliance specialists based across the EMEA region. The team supports the various businesses in discharging the Firm's regulatory obligations and assists these businesses in managing regulatory risk.
The role will mainly support our client businesses and investment teams responsible for building and delivering bespoke solutions to BlackRock's institutional clients. The position requires specific knowledge of UCITS and multi-managers propositions.
We are looking for someone who will exhibit strong partnership and has excellent technical and regulatory knowledge. They will have a successful record in building and sustaining positive relationships. The strength of character to offer healthy challenge will be primordial, as will be the ability to engage successfully with business partners at all levels.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, demonstrates good judgment, has a strong team ethic, combined with high energy, enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, resilience and diplomacy. Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge / Experience:
- Advise on the design, portfolio construction and multi-manager propositions.
- Work closely with the Designated Person for Regulatory Compliance in Ireland.
- Further cement the relationship between the compliance team and business partners and promote an outstanding compliance culture.
- Participate in client due diligence visits, prospective client sales meetings and direct conversations with clients where required.
- Support the launch of new products and solutions for clients e.g. regulatory advice on UCITS/AIFMD/MiFID, pre- and post-trade monitoring, distribution matters, ESG matters, etc.
- Conduct initial and ongoing due diligences over third-party managers.
- Advise on regulations and on the application of BlackRock's compliance policies in relation to existing and new business initiatives, issue identification and management and breach resolution.
- Represent or lead for Compliance on projects, including regulatory developments and key business initiatives.
- Supply to the creation of management reporting and communication on compliance matters to senior management, corporate and/or fund boards and BlackRock business partners.
- Design and deliver effective regulatory trainings to the business.
- As a senior team member, develop less experienced team members and support colleagues with knowledge sharing and cross-training.
- At least 5 years working experience within the asset management industry and within a control function, ideally compliance or legal.
- Sound knowledge of the following Directives: UCITS, AIFMD and MiFID (in particular investment advice, product governance, costs & charges, client categorization, suitability and research). Experience with the CBI and FCA regulations would be a plus.
- Experience with dealing with cross border sales and distribution would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of investment instruments including derivatives.
- Technical ability and mindset to challenge the status-quo and deliver solutions with the judgment to use this in appropriate circumstances.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize workloads and progress multiple tasks.
- Proven track record of influencing business partners at all levels by delivering timely and quality regulatory advice.
- Ability to deal with senior business personnel in time constrained situations ensuring good compliance outcomes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively both within the team and across functions and to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to articulate complex regulatory matters and well-developed relationship management skills.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.