Linux System Administrator
- up to €70,000
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- First Derivatives
- 09 Oct 18
The main focus of this role is the ongoing support and maintenance of the Server Systems that underpin the foreign exchange trading services provided by First Derivatives. These services are located at remote sites in Multiple Locations worldwide and run on a 24*7 basis. They are mission critical in terms of on-going operation. As the company moves into other verticals there are also nonfinancial systems that also need to be supported including key systems from our Marketing Cloud Environment
This role is part of a small - highly skilled technical team with responsibility for the maintenance and support of these systems.
First Derivatives also deploy a number of internal Linux systems for Development and test purposes. This role includes the maintenance and support of these systems as a secondary function.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Services, the successful applicant will be part of a team supporting our Datacentres and Internal Development environment.
- Design , Configuration , Support and Maintenance of Linux Services to SLA at First Derivatives DCs.
- Develop the processes/procedures as part of a continuous improvement approach to System and Service Delivery.
- Work as part of highly skilled technical team reporting to the Head of Technical Services.
- Interaction with support teams globally in other FD offices.
- Work in an audited (SSAE16) environment using ITIL best practices.
- Provide out-of-hours on-call support for the Unix Services that you provide.
- Help maintain the Internally hosted and cloud based First Derivatives Linux Systems.
Core Technical Competencies
- 6 Years Linux Administration – Redhat Enterprise 5 and 6.
- Cloud experience (mainly AWS) an advantage. FD systems are a blend of onsite and cloud based.
- Scripting Experience (Python, Ruby, Unix Shell scripts)
- Load Balancing Technologies – working knowledge.
- Experience working within an ITIL environment.
- Experience in Administering EMC VNX SANs.
- Familiarity with multi-tier web deployed systems,
- Backup solutions – a working knowledge of ‘Amanda’ advantageous.
- Proficient in troubleshooting hardware issues on Dell and HP servers.
- A knowledge of any of the following would be beneficial : Apache Tomcat configuration, kdb+ , Nagios, Windows Server , VPNs and stunnels.
Core Business Competencies
- Responsible Individual who will take ownership of their domain and be prepared to stand over the service provided.
- Ability to work well in a small technical team working from multiple locations.
- Operations background with solid understanding of process driven, best practice service delivery.
- Ability to operate at Customer Contact level.
- Good communications and leadership skills.
- Service and Customer based focus.
Knowledge of Foreign exchange or similar financial services an advantage
Degree level or higher in Computer Science or related discipline.
About First Derivatives
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 1900+ staff globally. Focused on financial institutions that work cross asset, often with multi-system and/or high volume trading activities, the company scopes, designs, develops, implements and supports a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems across front, middle and back office operations. Benefits including pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holidays and more.