Liquidity Management Senior Analyst
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
Liquidity Management Senior Analyst
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: CFO Treasury
An exciting opportunity as a Liquidity Management Senior Analyst is available for a talented individual to work in our dynamic, growing Treasury department in Dublin
Liquidity Management is responsible for analysing our overall and meaningful individual liquidity positions, for assessing those positions and for proposing changes to them within the enterprise's overall risk appetite.
The analysis and assessment includes liquidity requirements, contractual obligations, contingent risks, as well as cash flow forecasting and stress testing. This team works closely with business and support partners to develop a culture of liquidity management with the right governance and control processes as support.
You will possess a deep understanding of liquidity management as it pertains to banking and broker dealers as well as nuances related to international jurisdictions. You will also have experience working globally and working as part of a team across multiple geographies. You will be intellectually curious and have the ability to drive project goals across functions with minimal oversight.
You will serve as a liaison between GLM and its business partners across various teams including regulatory reporting, CFO, line of business and funding as the international processes are developed and improved. You will need to understand the needs of business partners as well as the bank's internal stress testing and the EU LCR.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Build and implement global and regional liquidity management policies
- Produce key risk management metrics that are used to handle day to day risks
- Monitor liquidity risks relating to the firm's business activities
- Improve and build liquidity stress model assumptions for stress testing
- Engage with the Lines of Business to develop or validate liquidity stress assumptions
- Become liquidity SME in respect of key areas within the Global Markets businesses e.g. Derivatives, Prime Brokerage and/or secured Funding and Global Banking e.g. Corporate Deposits, Undrawn Commitments
- Analyse new business initiatives and products to assess their liquidity and funding risks
- Interpret and respond to new regulations impacting liquidity
- Contribute to monthly presentations for Risk Committees, Board of Directors, Enterprise and Local Regulators
- Support other ad hoc projects within International GLM
- Lead the annual ILAAP process
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Active experience liaising with business managers within a large Bank
- Upbeat and a self-starter with an intellectual curiosity
- Solid quantitative background including excel modelling
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Deep knowledge of Basel/CRR regulatory framework pertaining to liquidity issues
- Excel and financial analytical skills
- Written and oral communication
- Influencing and business partnering
- Ability to learn new systems and processes
- Understanding of regulatory environment
- Experience in a similar role in Treasury department, Consultancy or Business Unit with exposure to Global Market and/or Banking products is helpful
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.