- 90k + Bonus and Benefits
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Aperture Partners
- 29 Aug 17
Our client an international Asset Manager are looking to appoint a Senior Market Strategist - Multi Asset to join their expanding Investment Department. The Market Strategist will be a senior member of the market strategy team, working closely with the Head of Investments, Portfolio Managers and Fund Analysts. This role will focus on developing relevant, informed, high quality in-depth research to inform strategic and tactical positioning of key products.
The successful candidate will have an in depth investment knowledge as demonstrated by experience in asset management or similar financial services. Able to develop and work with fundamental macro-economic models to assist investment decision-making across all major asset classes. Proficiency in programming languages such as R or python to develop models working with structured and unstructured data to develop econometric models.
- Assisting the head of market strategy in mentoring and developing a growing team of strategists.Helping develop strategic view on major asset classes as well as factors, regions, and currencies to inform longer term portfolio construction considerations.
- Utilising own proprietary modelling or external research provider to develop valuations of specific assets.
- Trade idea generation based on analysis of fundamental and technical information (with emphasis on fundamental).
- Critical thinking about quantitative and macroeconomic investment ideas and ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- CFA qualification, degree with strong academic record in economics, finance, or a similar discipline required.Minimum of 7 years’ experience in finance, preferably in asset management or similar financial institution.
- Passion for investing and capital markets and multi-asset experience of equity, fixed income and FX in developed and emerging regions.Familiarity with quantitative models and techniques required.
- Ability to write or modify code to support analytical work advantageous.
This is a permanent contract offering c€90,000 with other competitive benefits including a bonus.
For further information on this role, please contact Rory McCormick on 01 9053 503 or apply directly online.