Market & Liquidity Risk Manager
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The successful candidate will report directly to the WFBI Head of Market and Liquidity Risk (MLR).
The MLR team is a second line of defence in risk management, you will be responsible for assisting in implementing the Market and Interest Rate Risk (IRR) control environment in WFBI. Responsibilities:
- Assist in the annual review of the Bank's Risk Appetite Statement and Framework, with direct accountability for the formulation of the Market Risk and IRRBB Management sections.
- Continuously assist in the development, enhancement and embedding of the Market Risk and IRRBB Framework to deliver effective risk management to the business and continue to educate the business in effective risk management ensuring that processes are fit for purpose.
- Assist in the Development and maintenance of the Market and IRRBB Management policies for implementation across the Bank.
- Propose Market and IRRBB limits consistent with the Bank's Risk Appetite.
- Assist in the development, management and refinement of qualitative and quantitative Market Risk and IRRBB Reporting which meet the needs of the Bank in order to support effective decision making.
- Prepare and deliver Market Risk and IRRBB Reports to Board, Risk Committee and ALCO as well as the Senior Management team. Providing regular updates on market conditions and trends, and their implications to the Bank.
- Collaborate with the senior management team and other senior managers across the business molding a high-achieving, well-controlled organisation which can achieve growth targets safely and identify, assess and control emerging risks prior to material P&L impact.
- Review and challenge the first line of defence regarding the design and effectiveness of controls to manage Market Risk and IRRBB within established risk appetite.
- Interact with the teams responsible for identifying, monitoring and measuring Market Risk and IRRBB and analyze any current or future gaps in resourcing within the Market and Liquidity Risk function.
- Engage with regulators as and when required by business and jurisdictional needs.
- Review existing and new regulatory requirements and guidelines relating to Market Risk & especially IRRBB to ensure compliance.
- Monitor and communicate relevant regulatory and industry developments.
- Involvement in the Bank's Strategy and Operating Plan as it relates to Market risk & IRRBB processes.
- Interacting with projects to improve the risk representations of the Bank's Market Risk & IRRBB ALM, stress testing & limits framework
Market Skills and Certifications
- Proven experience in a Treasury or Risk background especially Market Risk & IRRBB related processes including related regulatory reporting, stress testing processes with a good working knowledge of general liquidity & funding risk.
- Proven ability to oversee Market Risk and IRRBB risk Management within a banking environment.
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Business focused with strong stakeholder management and influencing skills and able to operate up to senior management level.
- Able to prioritise multiple projects and deadlines.
- Able to identify and monitor risk in collaboration with Compliance and Audit.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to recognise and investigate reporting anomalies.
- Third level and/or professional qualification an advantage
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.