The Performance, Monitoring & Control (PMC) team is a critical part of the investment team at Mediolanum. The performance analyst will work within a team of analysts primarily focused on providing support to a team of traders, portfolio managers & fund selection personnel.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will be varied, interesting and challenging. The working environment is dynamic and would afford an ambitious person with a background in a finance related discipline the ability to expand upon their knowledge of the investment industry, and develop a thorough understanding of how a large asset manager operates. Duties
• Monitoring and attributing the performance & risk of mutual funds and insurance products managed by Mediolanum International Funds Ltd against peer competitor funds, as well as market benchmarks.
• Analysing and effectively communicating the drivers of this performance to the investment team, product teams & board of directors.
• Monitoring all products and managers in respect of the investment guidelines in terms of investable universe, restrictions and performance & risk standards.
• Supporting our distributors in providing the necessary information to complete products fact sheets (including comments, asset allocation, and duration information).
• Preparing investment performance reports for their Boards of Directors.
• Supporting the Investment Committee's evaluations and decisions with ad hoc investment analysis related to the current or prospective products.
• Working with the team to enhance, rationalize reports as required. Ensuring our processes are robust by reviewing and updating procedures, ensuring appropriate controls are used, developing relevant KPIs, and cross-training with other analysts where needed.
• Working with our colleagues in IT to drive efficiencies in processes and analysis production.
• Managing benchmark changes to ensure suitability, cost minimisation & implementation.
• Maintenance of data in relation to funds managed by Mediolanum International Funds Ltd, as well as benchmarks associated with those processes.
• Thorough & robust testing and trialling of new systems.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with our various supplier firms. Skills & Competencies
• Knowledge or experience with scripted languages and data science exposure
• A working knowledge of SQL or Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos or Qlik is an advantage.
• Knowledge of financial markets and portfolio matters will be a distinctive advantage.
• A good knowledge of equities, fixed income and mutual funds. Understanding of requirements under different regulatory regimes, including Solvency II, UCITS & MIFID Qualifications & Experience
• 2-4 years' experience providing portfolio analysis & support directly to front office investment personnel, preferably at an asset manager.
• Demonstrable experience; including asset allocation, performance measurement & attribution & risk analysis.
• Experience with one or more of Bloomberg PORT, Style Research, Morningstar or MYSIS Fusion Invest is a distinct advantage.
• Bachelor's degree in finance or a related discipline, with a CFA charter holder or progress towards CFA being an advantage.