This role supports the wider Portfolio Management team in EMEA with a focus on Ireland and based out of our Dublin Office. The role will offer great exposure to all aspects of managing portfolios with significant training on the job.
The Portfolio Management team is responsible for the implementation of Dimensional’s investment philosophy. They ensure client portfolios continually pursue the targeted premiums, provide traders with buy and sell candidate lists, outline trading parameters, and assist clients to understand Dimensional’s investment practices.
The Analyst position within our Portfolio Management department is operational in nature and will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day needs of the Portfolio Management desk and investment staff.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active, able to learn and implement our core investment concepts quickly and will be motivated to improve current processes. You should be able to digest and articulate the research and scientific approach that Dimensional takes to investing.
This role will offer exposure to experienced portfolio managers, interaction across the business on the full lifecycle of managing money and a global outlook in a growing dynamic firm. For the right person this role has demonstrated the potential to grow into a full Portfolio Manager.
- Coordinate with Portfolio Managers and Analysts in Dimensional’s global offices across equities on topics such as corporate actions, cash balances, and portfolio holdings
- Monitor Securities for significant changes
- Assist with portfolio reporting including returns, market value calculations, characteristics and regulatory
- Special projects including portfolio analysis, index analysis, and ad hoc data requests
- Propose and develop improvements to existing business processes
- Substantive communication with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Operations, DFA global offices, and custodian banks
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, science, finance or another technical discipline is highly advantageous
- Must be detail oriented, organized, highly motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, to be adaptable and prioritise effectively is a necessary skill
- Ability to absorb and apply information from formal and informal learning experiences
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written)
- Interest in financial markets
- Prior exposure to programming and/or databases (MS Access, SQL, VBA) preferred