Private Side Compliance Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 Aug 18 2018-08-20
Private Side Compliance Manager
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Private Side Compliance, EU
An exciting opportunity for a Private Side Compliance Manager is available for a talented individual to work in a dynamic growing control environment.
You will join the Dublin Compliance and Operational Risk team, specialising in the day-to-day Compliance coverage of Private Side businesses.
You will be responsible for independent Compliance oversight of Private Side businesses in alignment with the Compliance Risk Management Program and the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy and for identification and timely mitigation of compliance risks.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners for Private Side businesses.
- Provide advice and mentorship on applicable regulatory requirements, and our own issues and requirements
- Provide dedicated, timely advice on the meaningful regulatory and firm policy requirements on ad hoc queries, specific transactions, new product initiatives, etc.
- Provide assistance to the Business Controls Office in the development of supervisory practices
- Ensure that appropriate Monitoring & Testing is conducted, in line with compliance risk assessments and on a timely basis with appropriate critical issue and resolution of any issues or matters arising from those activities
- Assist in preparing for regulatory visits, including conducting reviews of affected areas; briefing relevant staff; coordinating the logistics of the visit and contributing to the follow-up actions
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to regulatory enquiries relating to Private Side businesses including discussion with regulatory bodies relating to information required and deadlines, and liaison with internal groups to obtain information and prepare responses
- Participate as required in internal investigations into potential breaches of regulatory requirements or firm policy
- Contribute to department initiatives on regulatory developments and impact analysis on the firm's business and support groups
- Liaise with colleagues including Global and Regional LOB Compliance, EU Country Compliance, GFCC, the Control Room, other Lines of Business, and across regions in respect of Private Side issues
- Work closely with the Global Compliance and Legal departments to build and deploy global policies and procedures
- Ensure development and delivery of appropriate compliance training for Private Side employees
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Legal, Compliance or Regulatory qualifications are helpful
- Meaningful experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid influencing capability across all levels of management and with regulators
- Excellent relationship management skills
- You make decisions in a high-energy, rapidly-changing environment
- Project management skills
- Ability to self-identify priorities, deliver to deadline and handle contending demands and partners
- Good teammate, willing to interact and discuss issues in an upbeat, positive team environment
- A deep understanding of Private Side businesses, including capital markets and banking products, acquired through a role in the Business or coverage in a Legal or Compliance function in a major financial institution, accounting or law firm
- Genuine interest in the securities world, regulation and changing legislation
- Experience in dealing with regulators
- Sound risk management skills and an ability to apply good discernment, take decisions when required and to intensify when necessary
- Flexibility - you are a keen problem solver with the determination to seek answers to complex issues
- The ability to synthesise laws, rules and regulations into practice
- Private healthcare coverage
- Pension plan - 6% of base salary (we match employees contributions up to a maximum of 12%, or 15% after 15 years' service)
- Life assurance
- Vacation 25 days (ability to flex down or up with manager approval)
- Health screen
- Group income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- As a valued member of our team you will also be eligible for a number of optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, dental cover, retail vouchers and reduced costs on selected leisure and entertainment.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in Europe since 1922. It offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.