Product Analyst - Funds
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Mediolanum Asset Management Limited (MAML)
- 12 Jun 18 2018-06-12
The role will suit an enthusiastic professional with a minimum of two to three years relevant work experience within the mutual funds industry and or and interested in furthering their career within Product Management (Governance, Project Management & Documentation) with exposure to Distribution Oversight and Product Development. The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent organisation and communication skills (both verbal and written) and be comfortable dealing with both internal and external stakeholders as well as outsourcers in dispersed geographic locations.
The Product Management Team is a part of the wider Product & Marketing Function for Mediolanum Group investment businesses based in Dublin. These consist of Mediolanum International Funds Limited (‘MIFL’), a Manager and Promoter of Cross Border UCITS & Alternative Investment Funds and Mediolanum International Life dac (‘MIL’) a Cross Border Life undertaking.
Working as an integral part of the Product Team duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting the Governance and Oversight structures for Product control including Product Committees for Mutual funds (primarily UCITS) with potential to work with insurance products (such as unit-linked) as well as co-ordinating reporting to and approvals from Board level.
- Involvement in cross functional project management for the delivery of important product related initiatives such as new fund launches and restructurings, process re-engineering and automation projects.
- Supporting the drafting and delivery of Regulatory and client product documentation for Mutual Funds to include, but not limited to Prospectus, Trust Deed, Application Forms and KIIDs.
- Following Regulatory approval to undertake responsibility for local management and oversight of Distributor documentation management, including version control and distribution.
- Have a key role in Distributor oversight including coordinating monthly review meetings, undertaking regular product reviews, inputting into regular Distributor due diligence etc.
- Input into the work of the broader department as and when required. The broader department is responsible for
- Product Development and existing product enhancements based on market intelligence and structured product reviews
- The production of marketing collateral to support the commercial positioning and distribution of MIFL and MIL investment solutions
- Business Development including the development and delivery of Distributor supports to commercialise MIFL & MIL products
The Ideal Candidate will;
- Have a minimum of 3-7 years relevant experience within the investment funds industry with investment documentation management / product management / product implementation experience a major plus;
- Have broad operational or investment funds experience with a knowledge of investment products, asset classes, drivers of economic and asset class performance an advantage;
- Demonstrate reasonable knowledge of regulatory frameworks (such as UCITS, AIFMD, MIFID II,) and/or processes around the development of legal and financial product documentation as well as an overview of the investment process and associated concepts / terminology;
- Be a flexible, independent, self-starter detail oriented with accuracy a pre-requisite as are strong organisational skills
- Fluent English with good writing skills an absolute requirement with fluency in one of the following additional European languages (Italian (preferred), Spanish or German) a definite advantage;
- Strong academic background in a economics, business or legal related degree
- Above all a personable individual, service oriented with excellent communication skills, both oral & written as well as advanced levels of Word, Excel & PowerPoint