The Product Specialist is part of the Investment Team in Ireland and will work closely with the Fund Managers to ensure transfer of relevant investment knowledge to the sales network in Italy.
A core aspect to the role will be to foster and develop the relationship with Mediolanum Ireland’s Distributors in Italy and the related Sales Network (Family Bankers®), to identify and understand their needs in order to craft and deliver clear messages of Mediolanum’s investment products, as well as relaying their feedback on new product ideas to the business.
The role will suit an enthusiastic and energetic investment professional with previous commercial experience in a cross-border environment. He/she will be entrepreneurial in nature and skilled at developing long term business relationships. She/he will assist in crafting the messaging around the firm’s investment solutions and management capabilities while also being comfortable delivering in person and championing this message both internally and externally. The individual will also seek to continually improve existing workflow and procedures to ensure the support platform is robust and scalable.
Pre-requisites for the role include a knowledge of investment fund solutions, how they are managed and promoted, and excellent interpersonal skills with an eye for details.
Principal Duties of the position, including but not limited to:
- Risk and Performance drivers – acquire a strong knowledge of performance drivers for each fund in the range, across asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset).
- Develop marketing collaterals and help generate/aggregate investment content aimed at growing our existing relationships with Italian distributors (captive channels - retail/wholesale audience). Content should be proactive and of a high standard which includes regular publications such as quarterly commentaries as well as ad-hoc updates on market/product, fund brochures, sales aids, Q&A, investment insights, videos and product pitch books/presentations.
- Interact with various internal stakeholders, particularly the investment team, product development team and marketing functions in Dublin to ensure the investment material outlined above are updated and accessible for the sales network.
- Commercially champion MIFL business model, increase visibility of our product solutions, capabilities and outcomes to our Distributors. Assist in positioning the range of investment solutions.
- Public speaking – acting as a PM proxy, deliver content via videos and in-person meetings during roadshows and sales training events (in Italian) – ranging in size from small to large groups. These meetings will take place in Dublin as well in various regions of Italy. Travelling is therefore required.
- Host meetings in Dublin and ensure events are well executed, with the support of junior members of the team.
- Account Management & Client servicing – strengthen relationship with key stakeholders within our captive channels – the candidate will be skilled at developing long term business relationships, capable of delivering against the needs of local captive channels, on quality and on-time.
- Use language skills to manage and check quality of outsourced investment content, when required.
- Peer analysis – gather, maintain and share knowledge of key competitors’ products and initiatives.
- Project manage and support the Head of the team in cross-functional initiatives.
- In excess of 5+ years relevant investment experience in a cross-border asset manager, ideally in Europe with retail/wholesale focus. Relevant experience is likely to include prior experience as a Client Portfolio Manager, Portfolio Specialist, Product or Investment Specialist, Investment Communications, Investment Writing, Client Servicing or possibly as a Sales role (‘gatherer’ type, with demonstrable account management track record).
- University graduate, preferably with an investment industry qualification such as the CFA
- Flexible, independent, self-starter with the ability to multitask, influence and deliver results in the face of competing demands and according to strict time constraints.
- Mature, credible and compelling individual, able to gain respect of clients and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written and fluency in both English and Italian required.
- A creative person with the ability to question the status quo, to pursue innovative solutions, to solve problems, take advantage of opportunities and to champion the resultant change process.
- Team player - show a strong inclination to share information, leverage others experience, regularly suggest ways to improve existing workflows and help others achieve their goal.
- Storyteller - demonstrate ability and/or interest to build an investment story and deliver engaging and impactful presentations, adjusting technical knowledge according to the audience. Experience in articulating complex concepts into simple messaging
- Coaching - ability to coach and develop interns/ more junior members of the team
- Sound commercial business acumen, excellent stakeholder relationship building skills
- Technology – an individual at ease with software solutions, including CRM systems and able to suggest ways to automate workflows. Should be totally autonomous and proficient in using basic MS Office products to build and deliver content (PowerPoint and Excel in particular).
- A solid understanding of investment concepts and key asset classes. A preference for a Fixed Income background but all asset class experience will be considered.