Product Support acts as a key component in the control of internal data and security setup to aid in the smooth running of the Fusion system and the servicing of the Investment Department as well as within the Operations department and other areas across Mediolanum Irish Operations.
The primary purpose is to control static & historic data, new security setup across all asset classes, the handling and processing of various corporate actions and resolve various reconciliation breaks that impact the management of the portfolios. The work is varied, and no two days are the same as it consists of different BAU tasks as well as project work and various testing functions. Extended knowledge and experience of the markets and different securities, including OTC’s, ETD’s and Exotic Bonds will provide an opportunity to become an SME for this role. The role requires a strong understanding of Derivatives, from trade booking to reconciliation. The candidate must be flexible and able to work to tight deadlines but maintain the very highest standards of the organisation.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- The successful candidate will have responsibility for a wide range of product setup that will aid with trade support and straight through processing as well as playing a role in being part of a project delivery team that will drive change through the department and the company.
- Responsible for all BAU Product Support functions for portfolios investing in a wide range of exchange traded and OTC assets as well as direct liaison with 3rd parties like Custodians and Administrators in the resolution of BAU issues.
- Responsible for completing all break adjustments that impact the portfolios and providing detailed feedback on their resolution.
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the securities dbase in Fusion and the process of defining instruments, markets, currencies, tax tables and other associated functions that have a direct impact for the Investment team and the Fusion platform.
- Responsible for OTC event monitoring, processing and verification including booking of swap resets and close-outs are in line.
- Responsible for the setting up of new funds, portfolios, delegates and the maintenance and addition of the portfolio structure.
- Ongoing review of procedures and processes– identifying areas for improvements and implementing changes where necessary in relation to industry standards, commercial viability and ensuring they are fit for purpose
The Ideal Candidate will have;
Skills / competencies:
- Ability to effectively and extensively interact with all levels within the company (from entry level trainees through to senior managers).
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Quick Learner who can act follow instructions and act independently when appropriate.
- Organised individual who can self-manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise. The ideal candidate is focused on resolving issues quickly.
- Strong communication, presentation, and relationship management skills.
- Extreme attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Risk and control awareness and experience of taking responsibility both locally and regionally.
- Proven process re-engineering skills.
- Be highly collaborative and team oriented.
- Effective analytical ability.
- Excellent verbal, written and numeric skills. Italian language skills are desirable but not mandatory.
Qualifications and experience:
- The candidate will have 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Extensive front to back understanding of Fund / Asset Management processes.
- Strong knowledge of and experience dealing with the following asset types- Funds (ETF’s, External and FoF), Equities, Deposits, Bonds, FX, Credit, Swaps, Exchange Traded Derivatives & OTC’s.
- Knowledge of all relevant industry regulations.
- Awareness of industry standards, initiatives and core IT systems.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Experience in reporting and presenting to management.
- Working knowledge of the following systems would be a distinct advantage, Bloomberg, FusionInvest, and Intellimatch.
- Appropriate 3rd Level Qualification.
- 2 References on Request.