Regulatory Reporting Accountant
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Regulatory Reporting Accountant
Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: CFO
Working as part of the Regulatory team, the Regulatory Accountant role will focus on the prudential and statistical reporting requirements of Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
The successful candidate will be involved in the production of daily capital estimates, while ensuring that the existing key processes and controls used in capital reporting are adhered to and upgraded as appropriate.
The Regulatory department operates very much on an integrated basis with the business and is a key part of the broader Finance Department. This position provides the right candidate with exposure to all elements of the Bank's business in terms of its products, risks and regulations.
As a Regulator Reporting Accountant your main responsibilities will involve:
- Preparation of daily regulatory reports
- Preparation of the quarterly and semi-annual regulatory returns
- Adhoc projects - expected to include a diverse range of projects including ongoing regulatory changes and the impact to prudential reporting
- Developing a deep understanding of the regulatory rules contained in the Capital requirements Directive (CRD)
- Responsible for performing key processes and controls in production of reports
- Working with colleagues across the Group, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions
- Contribute to a high performing team that is rising to the challenge of a changing regulatory environment
As a Regulatory Reporting Accountant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Qualifications / Skills:
- Part Qualified / Qualified Accountant
- Previous experience of producing regulatory returns an advantage
- Adaptability, focus, determination and flexibility are all key skill requirements
- Good experience of complex systems, spreadsheets and databases
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Ability to work on own initiative in high pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Private healthcare coverage
- Pension plan - 6% of base salary (we match employees contributions up to a maximum of 12%, or 15% after 15 years' service)
- Life assurance
- Vacation 25 days (ability to flex down or up with manager approval)
- Health screen
- Group income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- As a valued member of our team you will also be eligible for a number of optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, dental cover, retail vouchers and reduced costs on selected leisure and entertainment.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.