Retirement Claims Administrator
- Competitive plus Benefits
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Ireland
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Our Retirement Claims teams are part of the Claims Department in New Ireland Assurance. We have two Retirement Claims teams each with 13 team members including a team leader. The Claims department has 70 staff members and 6 teams who look after our 500,000 policyholders when they reach the later stages of their policies. It is an area with lots of learning due to its technical nature and also has plenty of opportunities for progression and development within the department. There is a huge culture of team work and support not only within each team but across the entire department.
Purpose of the Role
As an administrator in our Retirement Claims team you will look after our customers as they move into a new life stage, by calculating their options and handling the payment of their claims. This includes calculating how much pensions benefits they can take as per relevant pensions and tax regulations. In this role you will be dealing with both individual and corporate pensions.
As well as handling retirement options and claims you will answer calls and emails from customers, our own agents and brokers.
To be able to deal well with sometimes complex telephone queries and process claims you will need to have a deep understanding of pension products (Retirement Bonds, Personal Pensions, PRSAs, AVCs DC Pensions). You will also need to know how pensions and tax regulations apply to each product when calculating and paying our pension benefits and make sure you always comply with it.
- Providing customer with the right options for their policy when they are coming up to retirement.
- Processing their retirement claim on our different systems – this will involve accurately working out tax free lump sums, taxable balances and transfers to Annuities and Approved Retirement Funds (ARF).
- Delivering a great service to brokers & our agents – especially to help us retain ARF & Annuity business in a highly competitive market.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers in order to secure new ARF & Annuity business.
- Ensuring claim payments are made in timescales that meet our customers expectations.
- Being able to work under pressure especially coming up to year end and in the run up to the budget.
- Dealing with customer queries effectively both over the phone and in writing.
- Third level honours degree qualification (level 8 on National Framework).
- Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA) or Retirement Planning Advisor (RPA).
Essential Skills and Experience
- Detailed understanding of Individual and Corporate Pension products.
- Strong technical competence in relation to pension’s legislation.
- Attention to detail and focus on getting it “right first time”.
- Excellent customer focus with an understanding of customer needs.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, understanding the impact of your own behaviour and attitudes on customers and colleagues.
- Highly organised with the ability to resolve queries and make decisions.
- Positive and Proactive attitude to change and continuous improvement.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of IT systems – BLISS, L400 or Compass (Would be an advantage).
- Knowledge of Retirements and Post Retirement Products – Annuity and ARFs (Would be an advantage).
What will you get
You will get a competitive salary and benefits package. Some of these benefits are detailed below:
- Holiday allowance of 23 days plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Educational Assistance for Industry Relevant Qualifications.
- Employee Discounts.
If you love doing meaningful work and are passionate about providing excellent customer service, we look forward to receiving you application!